Getmoney

I’m a 36 year old male personal trainer and I’m in love my client who is just 19. I’ve never openly expressed my emotions to her as I fear messing up our client/coach relationship and friendship. She is from a different cultural and religious background to me and her culture would not encourage a relationship with someone outside her culture. What do I do?

basil67

Naturally, you remain professional and do nothing.  Also, she is not your friend, she is your client

Edited by basil67
  • Like 1
d0nnivain

Stop   You are not in love with her.  You don't even know her  & she's half your age.  You are infatuated with her.   If you want to ask her out, stop being her trainer & make your move.  

Understand these things rarely work out.  Now at 36 & 19 you may be on the same page intellectually & emotionally but as she grows & matures she will outpace you.  You are a fully formed adult.  She's on a upward trajectory.  

• Like 2
  • Author
Getmoney
Posted (edited)

I’ve been training her for 18 months and we have done things outside of sessions such eating out and getting coffee so we are friends btw. Initially I never saw her that way but since this year I’ve developed feelings. I just can’t risk our professional relationship and friendship. 

Edited by Getmoney
basil67
4 hours ago, Getmoney said:

I’ve been training her for 18 months and we have done things outside of sessions such eating out and getting coffee so we are friends btw. Initially I never saw her that way but since this year I’ve developed feelings. I just can’t risk our professional relationship and friendship. 

Was she your friend before you started training her? 

Wiseman2
On 4/25/2024 at 9:11 PM, Getmoney said:

. She is from a different cultural and religious background to me and her culture would not encourage a relationship with someone outside her culture. What do I do?

Stay as professional as possible. She's not paying you to hit on her. Date outside of work. 

Young women who go for much older, (and you are much older than her), do it for one or both of two reasons - daddy issues or money, and men who go for much younger women usually do so because a junior is much easier to dominate than a mature woman. Apart from those obvious issues, if I was her parent I would see you as a predator and I'd shred your professional reputation to pieces.