Strange behaviour

Goodguy05

Joined tinder again curiosity got the better of me. 

Matched with what I thought was a nice girl. Similar age. We had only just started chatting today and seemed to connect, well so I thought. 

All I said was I came back from the dentist. 

She asked if I was ok to which I replied I was and just hoped the clean I had would fix the issue of the wisdom tooth playing up. 

Within a few minutes I was unmatched. What the? 

I have no clue what I had said or done. 

ExpatInItaly

Why do you assume it has anything to do with you? 

She might have got caught by her boyfriend browsing Tinder, for all you know. Try not to take meaningless interactions so personally. 

• Like 2
d0nnivain

It's a dating app.  Everybody on these is flaky to some extent.  Literally it comes with the territory.  You have to expect stuff like this.  

Don't give it a second thought & move along. 

• Like 1
Alpacalia

Maybe she has a phobia of teeth and couldn't handle the conversation. haha. It's a strange world out there. 

Find someone who appreciates dental hygiene. 

• Like 2
  • Author
Goodguy05

Hey all, thank you for your fabulous advice but guess what she's back. She said something went wrong with her Tinder account. Phewwe haha. And the other great thing was all the other matches that I didn't like dematched me so that was a good thing. So it worked out well in the end LOL

• Author
Goodguy05
7 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

Maybe she has a phobia of teeth and couldn't handle the conversation. haha. It's a strange world out there. 

Find someone who appreciates dental hygiene. 

That's hilarious lol 

3 hours ago, Goodguy05 said:

Hey all, thank you for your fabulous advice but guess what she's back. She said something went wrong with her Tinder account. Phewwe haha. And the other great thing was all the other matches that I didn't like dematched me so that was a good thing. So it worked out well in the end LOL

Just ask her out.  No reason to chit chat endlessly. Better to meet as soon as possible rather than have some false hopes and expectations.

• Like 1
  • Author
Goodguy05
13 minutes ago, Alvi said:

Just ask her out.  No reason to chit chat endlessly. Better to meet as soon as possible rather than have some false hopes and expectations.

Will do although a bit of trust building is required before asking a girl out. 

FredEire
On 4/23/2024 at 7:00 AM, Goodguy05 said:

Matched with what I thought was a nice girl. Similar age. We had only just started chatting today and seemed to connect, well so I thought. 

She asked if I was ok to which I replied I was and just hoped the clean I had would fix the issue of the wisdom tooth playing up. 

Tinder is full of weirdos. This is very far from some of the weirdest convos I've had on their.

I think nothing of it. It's just part of what it is.

• Like 1
ZA Dater
On 4/23/2024 at 8:00 AM, Goodguy05 said:

As someone who has been on Tinder for years I can tell you to not take nonsense like this personally. In my view all this app is one virtual supermarket where people just shop and cross shop, yes people have met partners there but equally similar to the above is very common, in fact honestly you mostly have no idea who you are actually communicating with. 

I'd brush it off and simply not care less about this particular person. Factually speaking if you can tick the superficial boxes you can have nearly endless dating options on these apps.

• Like 2