do they really move on that fast?

Lewis321

Me and my ex girlfriend broke up at the end of January, she broke up with me. 

We were only together since the previous September so it wasn't anything serious and I have no interest of reconciliation. 

I noticed around a week and a half to a fortnight before that she was starting to go abit cold. 

She text me saying she thinks she can't do it anymore and we need to chat, I text back that I agree that it wasn't working and offered her to call me later that evening, she never did and that's the last I heard from her. 

She left some of her things at my house, mainly lingerie and her 'toys', she still hasn't contacted to collect them, this is the part I find unusual, whenever a previous relationship has ended they have always arranged to come and get their stuff. 

Anybody got any thoughts on this please? 

ExpatInItaly
1 hour ago, Lewis321 said:

She left some of her things at my house, mainly lingerie and her 'toys', she still hasn't contacted to collect them,

She clearly doesn't care about this stuff. It means nothing other than she couldn't be bothered to get them back.

I am curious why you question in your thread title if she has moved on quickly? What is the connection between that and some of her belongings still at your house? 

I am also wondering why you're thinking about this, several months after the break-up. Did you assume her failure to collect her items meant she might ask for you back?

• Author
Lewis321
31 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

She clearly doesn't care about this stuff. It means nothing other than she couldn't be bothered to get them back.

I am curious why you question in your thread title if she has moved on quickly? What is the connection between that and some of her belongings still at your house? 

I am also wondering why you're thinking about this, several months after the break-up. Did you assume her failure to collect her items meant she might ask for you back?

I'm just a over thinker really. 

Once my other relationships had ended there was always a small back and forth where they tried to come back, they basically looked for a reason to get back in touch with me, but they were all long term relationships.

This particular girl showed super high interest for most of the relationship then like I said just didn't want to know atol.

BreakOnThrough

She probably found someone else and you're now an afterthought.  Send one message that she can collect her stuff or your chucking it in X days.  Then, best to move on yourself and turn the page.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
11 hours ago, Lewis321 said:

Once my other relationships had ended there was always a small back and forth where they tried to come back, they basically looked for a reason to get back in touch with me, but they were all long term relationships.

Just chalk it up to this time being different. 

It's been months and you haven't heard from her. Just get rid of her stuff. Don't reach out to her, because really, she doesn't care if she hasn't already come looking for these things. 

• Like 1
Wiseman2
19 hours ago, Lewis321 said:

She left some of her things at my house, mainly lingerie and her 'toys', she still hasn't contacted to collect them, this is the part I find unusual, whenever a previous relationship has ended they have always arranged to come and get their stuff. 

If she's not contacting you, it's not important. She probably doesn't want reminders. Those types of items have probably been replaced for her new BF.  Try to let sleeping dogs lie. It seems like she doesn't want to renegotiate anything and often the collecting of residual stuff from a relationship is a can of worms people don't want to open. 

• Like 1
d0nnivain

Assuming you have her address, box up the stuff & mail it to her or drop it off. 

Some people do move on more quickly.  It's also easier for dumpers because they may have emotionally been out of the relationship well before they pulled the trigger & fully ended things.  

• Like 1