Vacation fling , unsure if I should text him

keirax3

26 F hung up on vacation fling, 29 M, unsure ?

Met a really cute guy on hinge in Bali but we matched two days before my departure to my home country. We met up the day before I leave. I did not have any expectations, I just want to have a fun company overseas as I was sick of the small  dating scene back in my country. I didn’t expect to fall for him, he was really sweet , well mannered guy where he would ask me questions about myself and it was a really good banter. Unfortunately  I decided to indulge in wild night of drinking afterwards without having much proper conversation and invited my friends n his friends tagged along to clubs. He and his friends would tell me he’s a shy guy that’s does not have much luck with girls. We did slept together and it really got me dickmatized cause he was really passionate and we got cuddly afterwards . Next morning, he kind of said something that stuck with me “ you will never see me again” Uncertain of its meaning, I suggested he visit my country someday, to which he agreed. We had sex again which I initiated before I run to catch my flight. We did still text on Instagram but I got guarded and knew it will not work out so I ended the convo with close ended sentences and he would like my ig story from time to time. Anyway he unmatched me on hinge the day before his flight back to his home country.  I don’t know if I should initiate and text him again on insta? 

basil67

It was a delightful holiday fling.  Enjoy the memories, but move on.

stillafool

It's something you'll always remember, but now it's time to move onto your real life as he has.

happyhorizons

If you do reach out be prepared to NOT get much back from him.  If you do by chance, then maybe keep the conversation going and see where it leads. 

ExpatInItaly
11 hours ago, keirax3 said:

Next morning, he kind of said something that stuck with me “ you will never see me again” Uncertain of its meaning,

What was unclear about what he said? He knows this has no future and I think he wanted to make sure you realized that too. 

File this one away as a fun holiday fling, but understand that it's not going to amount to more. Messaging him now isn't going to change the circumstances, so I would personally let this one go.