Having a hard time again-- started no contact

wanderingthoughts11

Delayed no contact

Has anyone ever told an ex via text that y’all cannot be friends for now and did they respond? What happened?

I did this the other day because they let it drop in a random text they had a new person. I just wished them a good weekend and they responded how they wish mine was going well and how they are going to their girlfriend’s coworkers birthday party that evening.  I didn’t want to hear about it so I said this isn’t working we can’t be friends for now and sent a few thoughts about  how things went wrong and how I felt and said bye. I don’t think he will read it but I got it off my chest. Weird part is not even two weeks prior he was begging me not join this job I was testing and interviewing for . Mad begging and he didn’t even know what position I applied too. Saying “I know you dismiss what I say ( don’t know why he said that) and I know you think I ignore you but he said I have to think about things first. Don’t join.  The world is crazy and it will be too hard . Don’t do it.” Why be like that IF you have someone new?!  Anyway, I’m not expecting to hear anything back and it’s been a few days since I sent the texts without a word. Anyway,  We broke up 4 months ago and my feelings were so overwhelming at that time and he said we were better friends and I said no and he got all worked up and so I tried against my better judgment.  It has been 4 months since and  he already has a someone new. yes feelings have been very one-sided this entire time and it sucks. Ive been so sad since and I thought I would be fine already. Well jokes on me. I have not felt this bad since the first day. I want to snap out of this funk. For the first time in my life I understand why people cry and get overly depressed because normally i just break up, block and move on. This is just overwhelming.

Maybe he mentioned the girlfriend to get rise out of me who knows.i cant take dating anymore. It is turning into the biggest waste of time and true life suck.

Acacia98

So sorry you're having a hard time. No contact is definitely the way to go. Do honor your feelings if you ever find yourself in this situation again. Don't allow the guy's insistence to force you to maintain a friendship that you can't handle.

I also just want to say that I don't know what kind of boyfriend he was, so perhaps I shouldn't be judging him. But the fact that he couldn't respect your initial desire not to remain friends makes him a pretty selfish human being in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Author
wanderingthoughts11
21 minutes ago, Acacia98 said:

So sorry you're having a hard time. No contact is definitely the way to go. Do honor your feelings if you ever find yourself in this situation again. Don't allow the guy's insistence to force you to maintain a friendship that you can't handle.

I also just want to say that I don't know what kind of boyfriend he was, so perhaps I shouldn't be judging him. But the fact that he couldn't respect your initial desire not to remain friends makes him a pretty selfish human being in my opinion.

He  honeslty was the sweetest man I have  ever dated. We never had arguments, we never screamed at each other it was over all wonderful dating experience until he decided to end things. He even went to family gatherings and met parents. In fact, the only true argument we had was when he  wanted to stay friends. Normally I would not mind because the men before him sucked and I either did the dumping and blocked or I got dumped and stayed friends. This one just hurts so bad. I have never been this sad before after break up in my life. I am truly devastated and I thought I pretty much was over it by now. When he told me it was over back then  I cried so bad in front of him i could not stop for a solid hour and I  never do that. Ever. I cried so much he started crying.  I am at the point I know I am never finding anyone at my age.  I was at that acceptance when I met him and i thought God is this it?! I got played again. I am not doing it anymore. I do not want to feel like this again. I am usually relieved when things are over and I just..my heart.