What constitute as dating?

RiRi901

If you go out to eat once, two trips, visited the person's apartment once, only slept over once and you mainly text and talk on the phone is this considered dating? 

Lotsgoingon

No, none of that means you are dating.

You guys need to have a conversation about what kind of relationship you have. People need to explicitly say they're dating. 

• Author
RiRi901

I agree but I think it's a generational thing that those actions mean you're dating. 

Alpacalia

Call me old school but I never defined verbally that we're dating but it sounds like you've been on multiple dates and have developed a consistent form of communication. I would consider this casual dating. But I do have to ask, because I noticed another one of your threads, is this thread about the married man?

The actions described in this scenario seem more casual and sporadic.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
basil67

It would help if you defined what you mean by ‘dating’. A person can be dating just one person or dating a few people. Perhaps you’re talking about dating exclusively?

• Like 1
  • Author
RiRi901

@basil67no it's exactly how it's posted. I was told that is dating and to me that's not dating, especially if it's not communicated. 

Ami1uwant

There are some acts that occur thst woukd change things from being friends vs lovers…..

basil67
4 hours ago, RiRi901 said:

@basil67no it's exactly how it's posted. I was told that is dating and to me that's not dating, especially if it's not communicated. 

But what is the context of how the people in the equation FEEL about each other and possible futures?  The question is impossible to answer without context

Further, you've got three new threads which can't possibly be about the same people.  Is this all about you or about random situations?

ZA Dater
7 hours ago, RiRi901 said:

If you go out to eat once, two trips, visited the person's apartment once, only slept over once and you mainly text and talk on the phone is this considered dating? 

This would definitely seem to be dating to me just based on the actions.

• Like 1
  • Author
RiRi901
Posted (edited)

@basil67 These are all random situations I'm asking outside a group chat because some feel that you need to humiliate the woman and some even say publicly humiliate her and just continuously trash the woman every time. I was hoping to find mature feedback here and I did. 

Edited by RiRi901
Word choice
d0nnivain

To me "dating" is any planned in advance activity where two people get together to talk, interact & get to know each other with romantic overtones & physical gestures (handholding, hugs, kisses &/or sex).  

Dating can be 1 event.  Dating is less than being in a relationship which involves exclusivity & commitment.   Some people think that dating requires more than 1 get together as only one is A date (singular).   

• Like 1

There are all types of dating. 

Casual dating, exclusive dating, serious dating. 

By reading your description it's not clear if you ate, visited his apartment and slept over all in the same 24 hours or this happened on different days. What you have described is casual dating. 

• Like 2
Wiseman2

Only you and whoever you're with can define what you are and if it's dating. Not some random people in a chat group. 

• Like 3
smackie9
4 hours ago, Gaeta said:

There are all types of dating. 

Casual dating, exclusive dating, serious dating. 

By reading your description it's not clear if you ate, visited his apartment and slept over all in the same 24 hours or this happened on different days. What you have described is casual dating. 

^^^^This seem to clear things up.

AllisonGMC

People get dating, hanging out, and friends with benefits mixed up. Everything is “implied” or “assumed” nowadays. Both of you need to have a talk about your relationship and dating. Best wishes!