Planned family event my parents keep inviting people. Now I dont want to go

My aunt from another country coming here for the first time. One of the planned event is going to vegas. My gf has a big van that we plan to drive with. Originally it was my gf, me, my dad, mom, and aunt. Then i find out later my mom invites my sis and her bf. Then now my parents invite another aunt. My sis and her bf decides to take the plane.  

Now i dont feel like going anymore. Basically my gf and I who are in our 30s and the relatives in their 60s. Not only that but just inviting another aunt who i am not that close with gotta be in same car as them. Im just annoyed too about them inviting whoever they want without telling me first. You can invite whoever you want just dont involve me then. Seperate cars now or i wont go at all. Am i over reacting? 

basil67
42 minutes ago, lovers said:

Im just annoyed too about them inviting whoever they want without telling me first. You can invite whoever you want just dont involve me then. Seperate cars now or i wont go at all. 

A month or so ago, you asked advice on how to stop acting like you're still single.  The bolded is you acting like you're still single. 

Look, I get how frustrating this is for you.  But assuming your girlfriend wants to go, forget giving ultimatums try telling your girlfriend that you're disappointed in how it's turning out.  Ask how she feels.  Together, work to find a solution which makes everyone reasonably happy.

• Like 1
  • Author
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, basil67 said:

A month or so ago, you asked advice on how to stop acting like you're still single.  The bolded is you acting like you're still single. 

Look, I get how frustrating this is for you.  But assuming your girlfriend wants to go, forget giving ultimatums try telling your girlfriend that you're disappointed in how it's turning out.  Ask how she feels.  Together, work to find a solution which makes everyone reasonably happy.

Wtf you didnt even read it. Giving advice when you dont even understand what im asking lol. Im thinking whether i should give ultimatums to my mom because she keeps inviting people when we already got things planned. 

Edited by lovers
d0nnivain

You are overreacting.  Your parents are kind of rude to keep piling more people in your GF's van without asking her 1st but simmer down.  Instead of being annoyed, look at this as a way to bond with your family.  You are in your 30s, hardly a child.  Your parents are still alive.  Mine have been gone more than 10 years.  I would give anything to be able to spend time with them again.  This time is a blessing.  

Do talk to your mother about the logistics.  But don't give mom ultimatums.  She is still your mother.  She's not doing this out of malice.  I think her exuberance may be getting the better of her.  As long as you all have separate rooms once you arrive in Vegas,  just enjoy the journey.  You will be missing out on what could be one of the best memories of a lifetime if you blow this off.  

• Like 3
Wiseman2

Seperate cars now or i wont go at all sounds like a great solution. It's not your event but if you and your GF don't want to chauffeur people around make other arrangements. 

basil67
9 hours ago, lovers said:

Wtf you didnt even read it. Giving advice when you dont even understand what im asking lol. Im thinking whether i should give ultimatums to my mom because she keeps inviting people when we already got things planned. 

WTF you don't even realise that this affects your girlfriend because if you don't go or refuse to have everyone in the car, it puts her in a very awkward position with her having offered to drive.   Hence, living like you're single.  Go and talk to your girlfriend about how you feel

Edited by basil67
  • Like 2
MsJayne

Sounds like a family get-together, so it's a bit weird that you're annoyed that other family are being invited. Is the van too small for the number of people? If not, I can't see what the problem is unless you dislike some of the family members who've been invited without your permission. As your sis and her BF are flying it's really only one more person in the van than you originally planned. I presume the aunt who's visiting from another country doesn't see your parents or the other aunt in person very often, so it would be kind of mean-spirited to deny them the chance to have a brief holiday together. 

• Like 2