Ready to move on but rusting

RaquelS

HI,

First let me warn you my grammar and spelling is not best. I do have some challenges so please excuse me. So, I am 56 and recently divorced. It was mutual though. My issuse is moving on now. After being married 26 yrs of which last five loveless. I am ready to move on and think i want to date. I have tried a few online dating sites but it is so odd to me. Anyone else have similiar experience or tips. Thanks

d0nnivain

On line dating sucks.  It can be demoralizing especially for men.  Do not use that as your only outlet. 

After 26 years of marriage you are starting over.  Good or bad your wife knew you.  There was a shorthand & a foundation.  None of that will exist with a new person.  It's all going to be different.  

Be patient with yourself but keep putting yourself out there.  Good luck.  

Alpacalia

You’re not on a daily basis going to be surrounded by eligible, single people so you think you oh, you’re going to have access to all these people, well, it’s kind of like a false sense of choice.

Women only swipe right on 4% of men, while men swipe right 60% of the time. This means women are attracted to a small pool of highly desirable men, who have many options and are less likely to settle down. Can you blame them?

Dating is completely different at 20 and 50. The goals and needs of a 20-year-old are likely more casual, while a 50-year-old craves companionship. The people you meet will have unique personalities and backgrounds, and this can make dating more challenging as you get older. Loneliness may also make you more vulnerable. When older individuals come together, bonding can be a complex process as they have established their own ways.

Make the most of your free time by doing activities that bring you joy. When someone worthwhile comes along, check out your assumptions about life, intimacy, and companionship then compare and contrast.

It’s like choosing a bodyguard. You don’t need a bodyguard to protect you from the stuff you can see. You need a bodyguard to protect you from the stuff you can’t see. There’s no shortage of attractive people to sleep with; there is a shortage of people who make great partners. Be realistic and cast a wide net. Otherwise, you’ll be fishing for a long time in places where the fish you want simply don’t live.

Take time to rediscover your passions, hobbies, and interests. This will not only help you feel more fulfilled but also make you more interesting to potential partners.

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Just focus on having fun, meeting new people, and expanding your social circle.

Edited by Alpacalia
Wiseman2

Sorry, there is a problem. This members profile is no longer active Error code: PROFILE_INACTIVE