Looking for good stories

Alpacalia

How about a cat instead? Kitties provide companionship and love too.

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I am 57 year old professional guy, she is 55.  We were engaged and broke up 7 years ago.  After no contact for 7 years I reached out 3 months ago to make amends and try to establish communication. So far it has been  well received but no face to face and all communication thru email. 

I would love to hear from men or women who got it back together after a long break. I guess I am looking for some hope that it really does happen sometimes for folks. 

• Author

I am 57 year old professional guy, she is 55.  We were engaged and broke up 7 years ago.  After no contact for 7 years I reached out 3 months ago to make amends and try to establish communication. So far it has been  well received but no face to face and all communication thru email. 

I would love to hear from men or women who got it back together after a long break. I guess I am looking for some hope that it really does happen sometimes for folks. 

d0nnivain

My friend's son has the happy ending you want. 

He dated his wife in HS.  They broke up in college.  They ran into each other at a party when they were about 24.  They got back together, got married, & now have 2 adorable kids.  

ExpatInItaly

My brother and his wife split up for a year when they were still dating. That was maybe 20 years ago now and they're still together (now married, obviously), and have children. 

3 hours ago, jdesey said:

So far it has been  well received but no face to face and all communication thru email.

Have you asked her to meet? 

• Author

yes I just did a week ago,, she has not said yes or no. 

ExpatInItaly

Hmm. Has she been in touch at all since you asked to meet? 

• Author
3 minutes ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Hmm. Has she been in touch at all since you asked to meet?

yes... she says she is not ready to meet. I am staying patient, but it is hard...  I was just looking for success stories. I know it happens. 

ExpatInItaly
3 minutes ago, jdesey said:

yes... she says she is not ready to meet. I am staying patient, but it is hard...  I was just looking for success stories. I know it happens. 

It does sometimes, yes. 

Has she given any indication why she is hesitant to see you? 

• Author
1 minute ago, ExpatInItaly said:

It does sometimes, yes.

Has she given any indication why she is hesitant to see you?

not really.. .just says she is not ready... but I know her and if it was gonna be a flat out "no" she would say something like "never will I see you"  This is the love of my life and I am hers.  I feel that we will end up together. And if it does not happen at least I will not regret that I did not try.

ExpatInItaly
6 minutes ago, jdesey said:

This is the love of my life and I am hers.

It is important to remember that you can only speak for yourself.

There are good reconciliation stories out there, no doubt. But please remember that she might not feel the way she once did. Why are you two only communicating through email? A phone call would be better. 

• Like 1
Gebidozo
On 3/9/2024 at 10:01 PM, jdesey said:

It really does happen sometimes.

Something similar happened to me recently. I met a wonderful woman during early COVID era. We couldn’t be together at the time because I was involved with someone else, but there was a definite, extremely strong mutual feeling. We were both completely heartbroken when we broke off all communication.

We didn’t have any contact at all for 2 years. I went through a painful breakup and was about to leave the city we’d been living in. I reconnected with that woman only to express my sorrow at what had happened. I didn’t have any hopes because I was sure she’d moved on. I did ask her for a face to face meeting, though, and she agreed.

When we saw each other all those feelings came gushing back. We realized that we were still in love with each other, as though those 2 years had never happened. She was in process of getting back together with an ex of hers, but our meeting has changed everything and she realized she had to choose between him and me. She took some time to make that decision, and chose me.

We’ve been together ever since, for almost 2 years now. I won’t lie and say that everything has been perfect and smooth, but I’m happier than ever before and I’m convinced that she is the love of my life.