I'm 28 and single.

lilypel

I've been single for 5 months - my last relationship was 3 years and ended because I simply didn't see a future with him.

I'm back at my parents at the moment as I'm looking for new jobs/accommodation and I don't know how long that may take but I'mfeeling worried I'm missing out on meeting the one.

All my friends are settled/living together and I don't want to miss the boat.

I'm just 28!

Some advice please!

Wiseman2

Sorry this happened. What was the breakup about? Were you living together? Why are you back home looking for jobs? 

Unfortunately you don't seem ready for a relationship if you don't have employment or a place to live. Please try to focus on that first. 

• Author
lilypel
7 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this happened. What was the breakup about? Were you living together? Why are you back home looking for jobs? 

Unfortunately you don't seem ready for a relationship if you don't have employment or a place to live. Please try to focus on that first. 

I just didn't feel happy enough and didn't see a future/marriage with him. Yes, we lived together.

I am back home looking for jobs because I just completed my final law exams.

You're probably right!

d0nnivain

You are fine.  I was 39 when I met my husband & 41 when we married.  You have time. 

First things first:  get a new job in your new field.   There are tons of single men in law.  You will be fine.  Congrats on getting through the program & good luck on the bar.  

Second once you get that paycheck, start looking for a place to live.   Give yourself a short commute.  Law hours are long. 

mark clemson
On 3/7/2024 at 8:17 AM, lilypel said:

Some advice please!

Life is a marathon, not a sprint