Why the hell do some women just hate other women?

Depends... would you like to be a bitch? ;)

Well I'm already Gold Pile's bitch, RR (;) ) - but I'm sure he'll lend me out for the afternoon if you ask nicely :p

I often wonder because I do hang out on the deck with the guys instead of the kitchen, if the "kitchen ladies" think I am being snobbish or rejecting them. I simply am not interested in the discussion of kids, kids things, or the latest on a new diet. Nothing wrong with that if that is what youre into...... just not my cup of tea. Most likely they are a tad worried because I am out on the deck laughing our asses off with their husbands or SOs? The last thing on my mind is snatching up one of these men for my own use. I would never do that....... never have....... never will.

I am wondering if they are projecting their own "man stealing" personalities

onto those women that hang out with the guys?

They might be, a4a.

I think these problems sometimes arise in a "couples" situation - ie where you have to attend social functions that involve a partner's friends/colleagues rather than people you'd actually choose to spend time with. I generally think of myself as someone who gets on well with other women, but there have been times I've been plonked down with a group of other women I don't know as a result of being someone's partner. Whilst usually I've bonded reasonably well with the other women, there have been a few times when I've sat and revelled in the surreal realisation that Stepford wives/girlfriends do actually exist.

I sympathise with women who, because of their husband's jobs, get thrown into such activities on a regular basis. I guess I've been spoiled by having some really great female friends - not to mention being unmarried and therefore not having to tolerate frequent contact with people I might not otherwise choose to spend time with.

• Author

Whilst usually I've bonded reasonably well with the other women, there have been a few times when I've sat and revelled in the surreal realisation that Stepford wives/girlfriends do actually exist.

QUOTE]

:lmao:

I think I may be able to handle the stepford wives better though.... I am amazed how if one leaves the gathering the others will chat about the one that just left.......

Why the hell don't they just tell her she is fat to her face..... or that her kid is screwed up in the head or that her husband is a POS!

It is so uncomfortable to witness this. One crowd of women in particular seem to do this often...that is also why I hang on the deck....they can talk about me before I leave, I cannot hear them out there! :D

a4a

It is so uncomfortable to witness this. One crowd of women in particular seem to do this often...that is also why I hang on the deck....they can talk about me before I leave, I cannot hear them out there! :D a4a

People gossiping is just noise. In most cases, those women you're talking about may as well be sitting together going "bla bla, cluck cluck, vim vam voom." Probably the vast majority of them are thoroughly bored by the conversation, but going through the motions of adopting animated expressions of interest as they hear about how X had an affair with Y's neighbour's hamster's best friend.

How strange - what's happened with the quotes? Now I look as if I'm talking to myself. Not that I don't, of course.

As to women who are fond of letting it be known that they prefer the company of men to that of other women...from what I've seen that "Maggie Thatcher syndrome" often seems to stem from that particular woman projecting her own bitchy or competitive tendencies onto the remainder of her gender.

I started reading this thread because I advised a guy friend of mine that he should be wary of dating women who proclaim to hate all other women. I had a hard time explaining to him why. lindya, I think you said it very well.

That and the narrowmindedness involved in labeling an entire group of people with the same traits instead of seeing them as individuals...

I don't know a thing about cooking ass burgers but my grandmother could make a mean fried pie, homemade biscuits and potato soup.

ReluctantRomeo
Well I'm already Gold Pile's bitch, RR (;) ) - but I'm sure he'll lend me out for the afternoon if you ask nicely :p

Or he'll spit on me... :laugh:

I have totally experienced this. Actually just a few days ago, I was working with my boyfriend's sister, and this girl went up to her and told her i didn't like her and that i was talking behind her back. (which i definitely wasn't, believe me, I'd say if i was) And she was like, i hate that bitch, i'm gonna beat her ass, blah blah blah, and she couldn't wait until my bf broke up with me b/c none of her family liked me and all that stuff. What a total bitch! Now i really know how his family feels about me