No contact broken

OneandonlyOsiris

Hi everyone, I'm going to keep this as simple as possible. Im 42 and she's 30. I had a dream on 2-22-24 that my ex girlfriend was looking for me. I went on this journey in my dream and I eventually found her. Strange considering we've been gone no contact for 1 yr.  Two days following the dream she broke no contact to crying. She said she left her fiance and needed someone to talk to but she has people to talk to. So we talked and she said she was coming my way towards the end of March. I talked to her once additional time and she went silent on me. I have tried not contacting her but I have and to avail I haven't heard a peep. I'm pretty sure she's stalking my FB. Anyway help with this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

AlpacaShredz

It sounds to me very much that no contact still applies. It also sounds like the bandaid has been ripped off for you a little? Perspective opposed to perception. Try to take a helicopter view? It might be (not definitely) that she wanted the support/love that she had just walked away from (her fiancée) and your comfort was familiarity. The no contact guide says nothing is permitted other than a complete 180 and apology and that's only if you even want it at that point, otherwise, stay no contact.

Wishing you speed and healing brother. These can be hard times.

• Thanks 1
Wiseman2

Unfortunately whenever an ex contacts you out of the blue, it's usually not good news.

It's for their own reasons. Just got dumped, want attention, want a shoulder to cry on, want a distraction, want entertainment, want company and so on. 

Please step back and see what happens if she contacts you again. It's entirely possible she made up with her BF

• Thanks 2
d0nnivain

It sounds like she sought comfort from you because you were convenient & she knew you were nice enough to care / listen.  She didn't want to get back together.  She wanted somebody to talk to at that point.  She took advantage of your feelings for her & she used you

The idea that you two have only been NC for  1 year but in that time she met somebody, dating them, got engaged to be married & has now broken up shows me that she makes rash decisions.  You best steer clear.   IMO you need to date somebody for 1-2years before you start talking about marriage.  Faster is never better because there is not enough of a foundation.  

Go back to NC for your sake.  Don't chase her.  She's not worth catching.  

• Sad 1
ExpatInItaly

Eh, forget this woman. 

It sounds like she came looking for an ego-stroke from you when she having problems in her relationship. Then when she got it and/or the waters smoothed with partner, she backed off again. 

This isn't someone who has a genuine interest in reconnecting with you, in other words. She just wanted to make herself feel better in the moment, and you provided that for her. 

• Like 1