A True Love Story

I just stumbled across this page... And there are so many sad stories here, I thought you all may interested in the story of how I met the man in my life. I have been with Jerry since I was 15 and he was 18. We met in a magical way. We were in highschool togther, I was in grade 10 and he was in 12. He saw me walking in the halls one day after classes had gotten out and he was struck by me (or so he tells me). He still remembers that I was wearing a long, flowing indian-gauzedress and my hair was in a braid. He had no idea who I was though. So he followed me to my locker and memorized my number. I was oblivious to this. A few days later when I opened my locker, a piece of paper dropped out. Not thinking I tossed it back it and started to close the door. Then I stopped... and reachd in and unfolded the paper. On it was a love poem, written in silver ink entitled "Lady of the Night". It was exquisite. At the time (though I wasnt unattractive) I had low self-esteem as teenagers often do, so I assumed it was a mistake. But I kept the poem with me and read it countless times..... A few days later I opned my locked on my way to english and another piece of paper dropped out. It was from the same person who had wrote me the poem. He apologized for not approaching me in person (he is/was really shy) and assured me that he wasn't some kind of psycho-stalker. He just said that he had trouble approaching people for the first time. He said that he was interested in getting to know me and would like to know my name and phone number. He asked me to reply by sticking a note out of my locker. He would pick it up during the day. I was intrigued. I wrote him back telling him my name, but not giving him my phone number, still leary. He wrote back to say he understood and he still wanted to get to know me... and so a beautiful friendship blossomed. He and I talked from January until March that way, through "locker conversations", leaving each other poems and drawings, before I gave him my phone number. He would leave notes telling me he liked the way that my hair looked that day, or he liked my new vintage leather waistcoat. He knew who I was and saw me often walking through the halls. We went to a large Highschool and I still had no idea who he was. I would walk through the halls wondering if my "Visible Ghost" was watching me walk past. I soon learned his first name and he told me about a jacket that he wore, with a fantasy picture painted on the back. My eyes were always pealed for the coat. The last day of school rolled around and my friend and I were sitting in the auditorium watching the awards presentations. Then the MC called up all those who were in the photography club. I was bored and daydreaming when the name "Jerry" woke me out of my daze. There he was! and he was wearing his coat! I pulled on my friend's arm and told her excitedly (she knew about the frienship he and I had). His face that day is forever in my memory. I tried to catch up to him in the crowd when the assembly was let out but I lost him in the people ahead of me. My heart sunk...... Later I was sitting in front of my friends locker, signing a friend's yearbook when I felt my friend's elbow in my ribs. I looked up to see Jerry standing over me. Not saying a word he silently handed me his yearbook. I smiled and wrote something along the lines of "Never forget me or our locker conversations. Keep in touch" He signed mine asking me to meet him in a popular coffee house later that day. My heart thumped as he walked away..... I met him that night and after a few minutes of akwardness he and I began to talk. We talked for 6 hours, getting up only to get more coffee. And from that moment on I have been in love. Three months later we were "together" and this September 4th is our three year anniversary. Sure, we have had out rough spots, we have laughed together, cried together, thrown things at each other and danced in the rain together. I know I love Jerry with all my heart and will be with him forever. So, see?.... Love does come when you aren't expecting it.

I promise that every word of this message is true. Mail me with your thoughts.

I just stumbled across this page... And there are so many sad stories here, I thought you all may interested in the story of how I met the man in my life.

Awww.. It made me cry :) Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story and a reminder and beacon of hope for those who may not have found someone special in their lives. Best wishes to you in the future and best success for your and your love.

Yours,

LoveAngel