mortensorchid

Last week I had an interview with this company.  They were looking for a temporary reading teacher at a school (the one they had in place was going on medical leave for the remainder of the year) and I answered their ad.  The interview went alright, but thought two things were odd.  First, the woman said that the position I was interviewing for had already been filled by another candidate but they wanted to build up their roster with others for potential jobs in the fall.  She asked if I had a geography preference, I said I would like to stick to my side of the city but would be willing to travel otherwise.  I got her information and we said our good-byes.  I sent a follow up the next day, then got a rejection form from them.  It wasn't sent through to my email, it was sent through the Indeed website.

I think that's odd in both cases - The decision was already made, but she rejected me not through email but through Indeed?  That's strange.  Do others think the same?  The position being filled before was one thing but that was strange to send the rejection notice through Indeed rather than my email.