Should I keep trying?

5 Years in a relationship with shared investments. I’m slowly falling out of love and I feel like we were only together out of convenience. Should I try harder or let it go?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
title
stillafool

Are you married to this person or just in a relationship?   What is causing you to fall out of love with them?

Edited by stillafool
  • Like 1
d0nnivain

Why would you try harder?  If you are not married, separate the stuff & the money so you can move on.   In the future don't share investments with people you are not married to unless it's a business arrangement & treated as such with lawyers on all sides.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Author
2 hours ago, stillafool said:

Are you married to this person or just in a relationship?   What is causing you to fall out of love with them?

Just in a relationship. I noticed that we are not growing when we’re together. We don’t share the same level of eagerness, intellect and enough action to improve our lives. Plus his arrogance always turns me off. I’m kind of forced to take the wheel most of the time and its tiring. I feel heavy..

stillafool
4 minutes ago, laji b said:

Just in a relationship. I noticed that we are not growing when we’re together. We don’t share the same level of eagerness, intellect and enough action to improve our lives. Plus his arrogance always turns me off. I’m kind of forced to take the wheel most of the time and its tiring. I feel heavy..

I understand.  What is his response when you've discussed this with him?  Has he promised to change yet?

• Author
2 minutes ago, stillafool said:

I understand.  What is his response when you've discussed this with him?  Has he promised to change yet?

He always say he will try to change but still no improvements. Lately, I just let things slide.. I have no energy nor patience to deal with it now

stillafool

If I were you I would break up with him.  If you two were married I would suggest counseling but you're not.  There is no use in wasting another 5 years of your life with a man you are no longer sure you love.  There is still time to meet and fall in love with another man who you are more compatible with.

Alpacalia

Arrogance is a major relationship killer. But alas, if this is who he is, no amount of waiting is going to change him. The truth is, we all need a bit of ego to make it in the world, for it drives us to get better and achieve more. But if it is not checked, it swells and becomes toxic.

I admire you for having being in a place in your life where you were asking for easier solutions before it was too late. People say love is blind. Maybe. I think we just ignore the signs. And when we ignore the signs they get louder until we can no longer ignore them.