Mom of 4 thinking about another man…and divorce

Mistymountain35

I’ve been in a relationship with a man for 13 years now. We have 4 beautiful children and look like a happy family, but I haven’t been happy in the relationship for many years. I’d rather not share all the details, but let’s just say if I did decide to end things, everyone in my family and his side of the family would understand. It wouldn’t come as a shock because they know the kind of person he is. The reason I’ve been thinking more about all this is because of this other guy I met. I put my 4 children into a new school this year and met a man at thebeginning of the school year who is a single dad. I heard rumours his wife passed away a couple years ago, but don’t know that for sure. He has two kids and while I don’t know him that well at all, I’ve seen how he interacts with his kids and it’s just amazing! He’s definitely a hands on dad! Seems very mature and responsible. He is also a tall, fit, beautiful man with the warmest smile…and I think he may be attracted to me? lol. He went out of his way to introduce himself once, and every time he sees me at theschool, he will smile, and as we walk by each other, he willlook all intensely into my eyes. I sometimes catch him glancing my way. I’m assuming that must mean something? Or maybe he is just really friendly? For context, even though I’ve had 4 kids, I’ve always been the type to take good care of my body, so I’m in good shape and would be considered “attractive” under today’s beauty standards. Anyway, I have been thinking more about my relationship with my husband lately because this other man seems to have a lot of the traits my current one doesn’t, so it’s got me feeling all sorts of things. I feel sort of bad thinking about this, but I can’t help it. If y’all knew what I’ve been through with my husband, I know you would probably be like “Why didn’t you end things years ago?” And the answer to that is…fear I guess. Fear of devastating him, the kids…fear of not being able to support myself and the kids financially without him. So I’m just looking to hear feedback from other people, especially single parents, who perhaps found love…or didn’t after divorce, especially those parents who had 3+ kids! Even though I’m considered “attractive” and feel like I have a lot to offer in a relationship, I sometimes think, “Who would actually want to date a lady with 4 kids?”