Secret messaging apps

Worried32

There has been concerns my father is cheating on my mother. I noticed on his phone yesterday he got a notification on his phone (iPhone) that looked the  settings icon but at the top it said ‘Brilliant’. I only ever get alerts from settings on my iPhone if in regard to an iOS update. Is anyone aware of any secret messaging apps that have alerts disguised as iPhone settings? Or any idea what this would be? 

14 minutes ago, Worried32 said:

he got a notification on his phone (iPhone)  the top it said ‘Brilliant’. 

It's odd that you would jump to the conclusion that your father is cheating. Is something going on in your parents marriage? 

Please check the iPhone app store:

"The Brilliant App gives you remote/mobile access to your Brilliant Control(s), so you can see and adjust the status of your connected smart home products, turn on/off lights, activate scenes, upload personal photos, and more"

• Author
Worried32

Yes there has been a history of cheating and suspected it may be again. I have never seen the settings icon alert with the word brilliant above it and thought possible was a message with the word brilliant disguised as the settings icon, if that makes sense. 

Just now, Worried32 said:

Yes there has been a history of cheating and suspected it may be again. I have never seen the settings icon alert with the word brilliant above it and thought possible was a message with the word brilliant disguised as the settings icon, if that makes sense. 

If there are "secret" messaging apps for the purposes of cheating, who would turn on alerts and notifications? Makes no sense. 

Yes even if there is a history of cheating what you have now isn't very good evidence for it (he could be using that app for any number of reasons).

Is he often gone for long stretches of time while giving relatively vague explanations for his whereabouts? 

Is he talking to someone at really weird hours where most people wouldn't be having phone conversation?

Have you actually seen any of his texts where he seems to be flirting with someone?

Those are far better indications that someone might be seeing someone else on the side than what you mentioned?

How many times has he officially cheated or are many of his encounters just things like you mentioned above?

stillafool

I think you should let your mother worry about whether your father is back to cheating or not.  Your signals are way off.  If he is back to cheating your mother will find out.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2024 at 5:47 AM, Worried32 said:

notification on his phone (iPhone) that looked the  settings icon but at the top it said ‘Brilliant’

Why wouldn't you just ask him "hey what's the brilliant app? I don't have that on my phone". 

• Like 1
mark clemson
On 2/2/2024 at 3:16 AM, Worried32 said:

Yes there has been a history of cheating and suspected it may be again.

While that is unfortunate and might indeed bother you quite a bit, I'd suggest you not try to play referee for your parents' marriage. If there has been infidelity in the past and they are still together, then it's their business to work through it (or not) if there's another go-round. Counselors and the like must recuse themselves from working with family members or even people they know - and for good reason. They are too close to the situation to be helpful in a way that maintains professionalism and objectivity.