What would you say to a 36-year-old?

RandallHare

After I'm done settling my immediate payables (this will go on until April after paying my taxes), I will plan my retirement.

What advice would you give me?

2 minutes ago, RandallHare said:

after paying my taxes, I will plan my retirement.What advice would you give me?

You're a tax attorney? Please speak to your financial advisors about your retirement portfolio. 

• Like 1
  • Author
RandallHare
1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

You're a tax attorney? Please speak to your financial advisors about your retirement portfolio. 

Not a tax attorney. Yes I'm both a cpa and an atty, but I only do litigation now. I can accept tax cases though. 

d0nnivain

Work with experts.   You don't like it when clients come into your office & try to tell you how to try your case.  You are the expert not them.  What's the saying, a lawyer who represents himself has a fool for client?   Similarly if you are not a financial advisor you need to find a good one. 

My advice though:  save, save, save.  You best be banking at least 10% of your take home or profits, if not more.  Set up the right long term savings retirement vehicles.  Live on less than you earn.  Look into purchasing disability insurance (you can't work) and long term disability insurance (you need a nursing home).   Find some passive income & diversify your investments 

• Like 2