Fiance reluctant for us to meet up with his female friend despite wanting to invite her to our wedding. Need to vent

I'm not sure what you're afraid of here. In the unlikely event that there is a secret tryst between them, how exactly is him inviting her to his wedding with another woman (you!) supposed to be beneficial to this illicit romance of his? If they WERE lovers, that invitation would probably make her break up with him, so why would he do it?

It just doesn't make sense. It's fine if money is tight and you two decide you don't want a non-mutual friend at your wedding, but you're making it into a way bigger thing than it should be.

Edited by Els
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Nawidimaq

If you need to calm your thoughts, call the office main number and ask to speak to her.  Set up a meeting; and either he's going to be fine with you two meeting or he's going to break up with you over meeting her. Might as well find out sooner rather than later so you can get on with your life and find another guy who isn't more invested in protecting his little office friend than he is trashing his relationship over something he wouldn't tolerate were the tables turned.

If there was nothing to hide, he'd have made the arrangements by now.

• 2 weeks later...

In all likelihood, there's been a lot more than weekly texts going on between them. Look at the phone bill, if you can. It sounds like they text throughout the day.

There are plenty of people who spark affairs right under their partner's nose. There's something thrilling about it.

There is NO way I'd invite this woman to my wedding. Ugh. He knows this is wrong and he's playing dumb. Personally I think you need to do some recon and get the full info of what's going on, before you make a huge decision like marriage. Stop begging him to see your side and be compassionate and start finding out what's really going on.