'Betrayed' by Two Friends of Mine

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. Just want to get something off my chest, since it keeps bothering me.

I have two friends who I used to see and talk to online seperately. One I've known for 12 years (I am 27), and we've been talking almost daily for this time, and the other I met during university. The friend I have known for a very long lives on the other side of the country, so we've have been keeping in touch by talking and gaming online. At one point I introduced these two friends to each other a day when we were playing an online video game together. We all hit it off pretty well, and even created like a little group discord server (online server where you can talk and hang out).

For a while it was pretty good, but at one point they started talking to each other outside this community and played without me. This is obviously not a big deal in general, at least for me, so I didn't even mention or question it. However, at one point they started not including me anymore, two people that I introduced to each other. We didn't have a falling out or anything, and I was just very puzzled why. I felt pretty betrayed to be honest, since we created the community to be able to do something together the three of us. Furthermore, I don't see my friend from the ohter side of the country very often, and this was they way we kept in touch. I feel like he didn't care about me as much as I thought, even though we have a long and good history in my opinion, and I have helped him deal with periods bad mental health and listened to his problems for hours on end. Whenever I try to ask my friend that I've known for a long time if he wants to talk or play, it is always on his terms. He feels like he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants, so I cannot even make a plan with him 1 hour into the future. That means that everything has been on his terms time-wise and I just accepted it because of his problems. Planning, caring,  or giving back is seemingly too much for him. Even when a family member of mine died a year ago, he didn't even mention it once or ask if I was doing okay. It seems like he doesn't appreciate the fact that I have been there for him, and doesn't have it in him or care enough to reciprocate. It makes me think he has no loyalty, and just thinks about what makes him feel good here and now.
I have tried to gently say, that I felt a bit left out and that it makes me sad that the things we used to play, he does not invite me to anymore He just seemed very annoyed that I said this, and again said "I just wanna do what I want". So no understanding there whatsoever.  I've grown tired of having to ask and get a "no", and no interest the other way. Normally when a friend doesn't have time they suggest an alternative date or time.  After I just let them "do their thing" I haven't talked to my long-term friend for four months, and I can see that my two "friends" are still talking to each other and playing online. They haven't ever met in real life by the way.

I even helped my other friend from university move a couple of months ago. He felt comfortable asking for my help, but then just went straight back to leaving me out again.  I decided to leave that online server/community we had together because there was literally no point of me being there. I wouldn't get included, couldn't make any plans, and always had to be the one to reach out. I still think of this more than I should, because it feels super weird to introduce two friends and then somehow lose both of them. Especially because I knew one of them for 10+ years. I don't know.

Does anyone have any good advice regarding how I can let go of this or find some kind of peace? I felt like I did the right thing and just left without making a scene. From my experience, arguing with my long-term friend just seemed completely useless since he is pretty disagreeable and set in his ways. So i just did it silently to see if he would let our friendship die or not. As time passes, I am probably also going to be less inclined to actually even want to be his friend. The lack of loyalty and interest from him already put me on this path I would say. Luckily I have other good friendships, but it has been hard for me not talking to a person I used to talk to daily.

Will appreciate any inputs. Have a lovely day!

Edited by Tols
Weezy1973

I would say just broadly people change a lot in their 20s and friendships can and do change and end, while new ones begin. It sounds like you and these friends have just grown apart. 

1 hour ago, Tols said:

I even helped my other friend from university move a couple of months ago. He felt comfortable asking for my help, but then just went straight back to leaving me out again.  I decided to leave that online server/community we had together because there was literally no point of me being there. 

Sorry this happened. You made the right decision distancing yourself. Unfortunately they seem like fair weather friends that you can't really rely on. 

ShyViolet

These people are clearly not interested in being friends with you anymore.  Don't ever keep trying and extending yourself repeatedly when friends act this way.  Leave them in the past, stop trying to contact them and move on.  Friends grow apart; it happens.  Make new friends.