Dismissive or not?

SlimShadysWife

I've known this guy for 8 years.

From time to time we bump into eachother periodically, sometimes years in between, or months. We share the same social circle.

This weekend I saw him at my friend's birthday gathering/party. We were hanging out together the whole night, and I told him that i take a liking to him.

When I told him that I took a liking to him, his reaction was literally "OHHHHH ****!!!! :classic_laugh:" as he covered his mouth, in a shocking surprised manner. Someone else we were with reacted to what i said and im not sure why he pointed out to them that we've known eachother for 8 years...and then we both got distracted with other convos.

He offered to take me home earlier that night, I said ok but I ended up leaving with my friend. Which I now realize that would've been better one on one alone time with him.

Anyway. He texted me today because he saw a photo posted that I was in and asked if I was still in that area. I told him I was there and for a bit and why i was there and left again- writing a whole paragraph, and he was just like "oh ok hope yall had fun :)". Sounds like a end of convo dismissive, not interested reply so I didn't reply back.

I'm the one who takes a liking to him so I realize I'm the one who should be making the moves. But if he doesn't seem to want to continue the convo is that a clear sign to fall back?

Edited by SlimShadysWife
18 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

Anyway. He texted me today because he saw a photo posted that I was in and asked if I was still in that area. I told him I was there and for a bit and why i was there and left again- writing a whole paragraph, and he was just like "oh ok hope yall had fun :)". Sounds like a end of convo dismissive, not interested reply so I didn't reply back.

Did you ask him a question at the end of your answer?   Always bat the ball back after you answer a question

• Author
SlimShadysWife
10 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Did you ask him a question at the end of your answer?   Always bat the ball back after you answer a question

No I didn't 

39 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

he was just like "oh ok hope yall had fun :)". 

Please walk away. He doesn't seem interested at all. Save yourself the humiliation. 

Alpacalia

I honestly think you're looking too deeply into this, but if you really feel like you're doing all the leg work then don't be scared to put a lid on that. I always say that when the feeling is mutual, you'll know. It'll be a little bit of both fire each way, not just one.

38 minutes ago, SlimShadysWife said:

No I didn't 

Yeah, you've got to hold up your end of the conversation.  Before he sent his response, did he pause and give you time to ask a question of him?   Or did he shoot his response straight back to you immediately

• Author
SlimShadysWife
2 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Yeah, you've got to hold up your end of the conversation.  Before he sent his response, did he pause and give you time to ask a question of him?   Or did he shoot his response straight back to you immediately

I gave him a whole paragraph.

In my head instead of saying " hope yall had fun", if he wanted to continue the convo he would've asked " did you have fun"? Or asked me anything related to what I just had told him.

His response wasn’t immediate.

1 hour ago, SlimShadysWife said:

if he doesn't seem to want to continue the convo is that a clear sign to fall back?

It takes courage to put yourself out there like that and he acted sort of like a dufus.  Delete and block . 

• Author
SlimShadysWife
13 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

It takes courage to put yourself out there like that and he acted sort of like a dufus.  Delete and block . 

I don't need to block and delete its not like we ever talked like that anyway. I'm not emotionally attached to him. 

Mr. Dufus and Mr. Ogler.