Not sure if the topic I picked matched but…

lyssarae

Hi! I reconnected with a guy I went to middle school with (had every class together and same friends) in May of 2023. Things were really good and it was honestly just catching up and innocent as friends and compliments. We planned to hangout one weekend just to get food and drive around. He ghosted me that entire weekend and when I went to message him he had told me he was in a relationship with a girl for 4 years and trying to break it off. He wanted to still hangout and talk to me he was just conflicted. He ended up breaking things off with her and we hung out and had sex a lot of multiple different times. It was just friends with benefits he would still talk to me and such then things started going downhill and I can be ok saying that I got attached because I genuinely liked him and he felt the same way but then said he didn’t want a relationship right now. We were on and off on and off. He would block me and then unblock me. He would blow up my phone sometimes. He has told me in the beginning and even now that he is insecure. He has told me no one has ever treated him like how I do with compliments and all that. I boosted his ego sexually and physically. Now, because this has been soooooooo draining for me to deal with found out he blocked me and when I got ahold of him he said “I treat you like garbage and I respect you” “you keep coming back to me” so. I’m hurt. I’m sad. I’m mad. I read into it toooo much and I’m a huge empath and feel so much and I was always soooo genuine with him and for him to just throw me away after 7 months it does something to me and I don’t know what to do or say. He said he was at work and couldn’t talk so he said illl talk to you later and I said okay and that was it. 

NuevoYorko

Well, this is very toxic.

There is really no point in going through all the reasons why - you can just read back what you wrote yourself and see why.

Bottom line is: guy that ghosts you and then tells you he has a girlfriend, but still stays involved for sex, is not your friend and not FWB material even.  He's a jerk and a waste of your time.

And from what you've written, the whole "FWB" deal is probably not a good option for you.   

• Like 1
Wiseman2
12 minutes ago, lyssarae said:

he said “I treat you like garbage and I respect you” “you keep coming back to me” so.  I was always soooo genuine with him and for him to just throw me away after 7 months 

Sorry this is happening. Is he still with his GF?  Please delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. Permanently.

That he treats people like trash is not a reflection of who you are as a person, but perhaps reflect why you tolerated it. 

• Author
lyssarae
7 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Sorry this is happening. Is he still with his GF?  Please delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. Permanently.

That he treats people like trash is not a reflection of who you are as a person, but perhaps reflect why you tolerated it. 

No but they still keep in contact. He told me she leeched off of him and all this. I just hate feeling like I’m the problem? I just care sooooo much and I allow the dysfunction because I want to see change but for him to just block me and tell me oh I treat you like this and I respect you like? 

• Author
lyssarae
22 minutes ago, NuevoYorko said:

Well, this is very toxic.

There is really no point in going through all the reasons why - you can just read back what you wrote yourself and see why.

Bottom line is: guy that ghosts you and then tells you he has a girlfriend, but still stays involved for sex, is not your friend and not FWB material even.  He's a jerk and a waste of your time.

And from what you've written, the whole "FWB" deal is probably not a good option for you.   

Thank you…. So he’s not everything he said he was? He said he wasn’t a f***boy and wouldn’t do me dirty but, he did. 

d0nnivain

He's not in a place where he can have a healthy relationship with anybody right now.  Your best bet is to walk away.  He's incapable of being the man you want & need.  The sooner you realize that the easier it will be for you to leave. 

He may not have intentionally hurt you but he still isn't good for you.  

• Like 1
Alpacalia
2 hours ago, lyssarae said:

He ghosted me that entire weekend and when I went to message him he had told me he was in a relationship with a girl for 4 years and trying to break it off. He wanted to still hangout and talk to me he was just conflicted. He ended up breaking things off with her and we hung out and had sex a lot of multiple different times.

You were a rebound. He was hoping using you as the rebound would make the break easier.

Sorry he hurt you like that, but you already knew he wasn't yours.

• Like 1