Getting past an affair

Close to six years ago my partner had an affair and we are working on the relationship but things have changed post affair. He feels like I don’t look at him the same and I do feel like a part of me did change.  He has done a ton of things to make things better but maybe he is right and he doesn’t want to be in a relationship with someone that is not in love with him but I am in love with him but there is a part of me where the sparkle isn’t as sparkly but that doesn’t mean I am not in love with him.  I don’t know what I am looking for.  I don’t want him to hurt him.  

I think affairs probably permanently kill some of the sparkle for most people.  You can forgive, but it's almost impossible to forget.  

Your relationship will never be what it was before his affair, but you can try to build a new one that can still make you both happy. Talk openly and honestly with him, spend quality time together focused on building (rebuilding) your relationship.  If you've done that, this may just be the best it can be.  Actions have consequences.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, his poor choices permanently damaged the relationship. 

If after 6 years this is where you both are, I would say it’s past time to end it and move on.