My wife thinks that I betrayed her?

Sandspur

Me and my wife have been married for fifteen years and today my ex wife came up in discussion, and I told her about me and her messing around. this took place before I ever met my former wife it was about ten years before I even knew my former wife. Sometimes me and my wife and my ex wife and her husband hang together so she said i betrayed her for not telling like it was a big secret. the way i figured it was not any of her business what i did ten years before i met her.Am i wrong for feeling this way. 

7 minutes ago, Sandspur said:

today my ex wife came up in discussion, and I told her about me and her messing around. .me and my wife and my ex wife and her husband hang together. the way i figured it was not any of her business

Why would you bring this up if "it was not any of her business"? It seems to stir up unnecessary drama. 

Please reconsider TMI and try to use discretion and tact.  Sounds like distancing yourself from your ex-wife would be a good idea.  

Edited by Wiseman2

You are right that it wasn't any of your wife's business what you did 10 years before you met her.  However you should have known that sharing this info would hurt her.  Now that you know your wife is upset, you brushing it off by saying it's none of your business rubs salt in the wound.  You would have been better served by kindly addressing your wife's perspective & then working with her to help her get over it.  

You made it her business when you raised the topic.  I think you now owe your wife the conversation required to finish the topic

4 hours ago, basil67 said:

You made it her business when you raised the topic.  I think you now owe your wife the conversation required to finish the topic

This. 

You can't just drop something hurtful on someone and then be exasperated and dismissive that they're upset. Please apologise to your wife for being so insensitive - you didn't need to share that information and she may wonder what lead you to feel like you needed to share it now. 

Everyone has a past, but nobody likes to be reminded that their partner can reminisce or think about flings with past partners. That's something most people prefer not to think about.