She says she loves me as a sister and a friend

Me (32 f) and my ex (36 f) broke up.... I ended up being the dumper. We were together for nearly 3years and engaged at the time 

She broke up with me at first then after couple weeks, she said about trying again that she made a mistake, I took her back. We were back together for about couple weeks but I was upfront and said I think it was too soon as I suffer from anxiety and depression, she basically said that she was done our relationship has run its course. 

She asked me to send the house key back which I did. Then I noticed she deleted me off social media which I understand but I messaged her saying wish you all the best for the future. 

Her reply was that it was a trigger for her seeing my name pop up on messenger but she'll keep me on WhatsApp. 

She also asked me if her mate and myself were talking to each other? I put my honest reply and said huh? Why would I be talking to them I haven't even got them on my social media..... Apparently she hasn't been the same with my ex for ages! Does she think something is going on with us? 

I admitted to her that I still love her, and her reply was she's loves me as a sister and a friend that's it, don't want to string you along. 

Is she actually moving on or just pretending? 

Sorry for the essay. And any advice will be much appreciated. 

How long ago did you break up with her?  I ask because you mention her mate and I thought that was quick that she's already got someone else.  I think when someone tells you this:

16 minutes ago, LJ32 said:

I admitted to her that I still love her, and her reply was she's loves me as a sister and a friend that's it, don't want to string you along. 

they actually mean it.  Why did you break up with her if you now want her back.  What caused you to do that besides anxiety?

• Author

We broke up few months ago so I'm still in healing process, but to me I feel like I'm getting mixed signals. 

She use to fancy her before I came on the scene, and she dumped me when I went to see my parents. 

I'm not sure if I want us to be back together as soon as I broke up with her she asked me to be fwb as it was better than nothing or just have a fumble. She was shocked when I said no to her. Think it's just about getting closure really and I trying to work on myself and get the help I need for my mental health. 

Also there was a couple of issues with past traumas that were coming alight in the relationship 

Sorry you're going through heartbreak. It sounds like it's the end, it's the "love you like a sister" comment, that's always a bad sign so good on you for not going along with the FWB proposition. I think you have the right attitude as far as working towards improving your mental health because even though your post's short it gave me the impression that this relationship hasn't been good for you. I would accept the end of the relationship and cope by looking towards the future when you'll meet someone else. 

I think there were fissures & that it's best you two don't marry.  I think the mixed signals are more of a buyer's / dumper's remorse.  You miss the good times & are nostalgic & lonely.  Coming into the holidays doesn't help.  

Staying apart is probably best.  I'm a fan of clean breaks rather than the messy, pulling apart slowly thing.  NC is helpful