I need some insight on a new possible friendship.

Alexlvds

I've been talking via text with someone for around 6 months we have met 1 time and we get along very well but there is nothing between us...
He is VERY busy workaholic style...
I was a little too demanding in our text... talking every week...
And slowly he got annoyed but still respond to my texts...
I told him that I had stouble getting closer to him and he told me that I'm pushing it too hard...
I took some steps back then and now I'm taking time for myself.

What should I do now?
Wait for him to come back? Forget about him and move on? re-engaging the conversation after some time?
Is it still possible to build a friendship?........

I've tried to meet him again (he doesn't live close) when he was closed for his holidays, but it was during his birthday and only told me that ''he will see if he can'' and nothing happened...

he is a very nice person, but with our bound via text and my strong engagement, we got worn out

just need some insight....                  THANKS Alex

It sounds like you are looking for a romantic connection, not a friendship.  In any case, he obviously knows you are interested in something, he probably knows what it is, and if he wants to engage further he will reach out.

People around here often warn about false intimacy created by texting a lot  between people who don't really have any physical contact.  Even friendship depends a lot on chemistry and the ease between people when they are together.  

1 hour ago, Alexlvds said:

I've been talking via text with someone for around 6 months we have met 1 time and we get along very well but there is nothing between us...

How did you talking begin? Chat groups? Social media? Who contact who?

How old is he? How far apart are you? Is he in another relationship? 

All you can do is step back and see if you hear from him. Perhaps he feels suffocated or is loosing interest. 

What happened when you met in person? Did you visit him? What was the expectation when you met? Did he stay with you or you with him? 

Edited by Wiseman2

Nothing. Do nothing. If there is real friendship possibility, he will respond more as you want him to.

But back up: you cannot become friends through texting. Sorry. Doesn't work. You have to meet someone and hang out to be friends. So six months of texting = about 15 minutes of live time. 

Don't waste time texting.

What did you say that got him annoyed? Were you pestering him for an answer? He probably realizes you’re potentially looking for more and have a crush on him and he’s backing away. He has every reason to be polite if you know his business or where he lives. I’d drop this one as it’s very clear he’s not interested in meeting with you or communicating. You’re still pushing very hard if you keep texting and wanting an answer.

It shouldn’t be this hard making friends. Don’t waste your time on people who don’t respect your time or think of you in the same way. 

You're reading way too much into the situation. If someone doesn't take active steps to meet up with you soon after connecting via social media they're not interested, they're just passing the time of day with you. He doesn't dislike you, he hasn't told you to go away, but he has made it clear you were getting a little demanding of his time. 

• Like 1

Whether you're interested in friendship or romance, this guy doesn't have enough time and/or interest.   At is was, the connection wasn't meeting your needs (hence you getting demanding) so there's no reason to believe that it would be any different the second time around.   

Always remember: Personal connections are like a fart - if you've got to push it, it's probably sh*t

18 hours ago, Alexlvds said:

LHe is VERY busy workaholic ..What should I do now?

There's nothing to do but see if you hear from him again. If you are looking for friends, broaden your social horizons. 

Join some groups and clubs, volunteer, get involved in sports and fitness, take some classes and courses get a fun part-time job. This way you can have fun do productive interesting things and find local like-minded people.

If you are looking for a romantic relationship, get a good profile and pics on quality paid relationship focused dating apps and start talking to and meeting single local available interested men.

Edited by Wiseman2

This is a guy you have met ONE time.  You don't have a "bond", you have only been texting.  And it sounds like you've been the one initiating most of the texting and he isn't as interested in continuing this as you are.  I'm not sure whether you are looking for a friendship or something more from this guy, but this is not how you develop a relationship, by endless texting and never seeing each other in person.  You have fooled yourself into a false sense of connection with someone who you do not actually know.  Let this go and rethink your approach to relationships.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, Alexlvds said:

I told him that I had stouble getting closer to him and he told me that I'm pushing it too hard...

What does this mean?  Are you saying you had trouble gettin closer to him?  If so, how, if he told you that you were pushing too hard?

On 11/11/2023 at 3:27 PM, Alexlvds said:

He is VERY busy workaholic style...
I was a little too demanding in our text... talking every week...
And slowly he got annoyed but still respond to my texts...
I took some steps back then and now I'm taking time for myself.

What should I do now?
Wait for him to come back? Forget about him and move on? re-engaging the conversation after some time?
Is it still possible to build a friendship?........

I've tried to meet him again (he doesn't live close) when he was closed for his holidays, but it was during his birthday and only told me that ''he will see if he can'' and nothing happened...

he is a very nice person, but with our bound via text and my strong engagement, we got worn out

just need some insight....                  THANKS Alex

While you might want to build a friendship with him, he's made it clear it's not going to work. The fact that he doesn't want to meet you in person is a big indicator of that. I'm sure there will be someone who is better suited for you. :)

This is going no where.  He's not into you on any level.  

Examine why you are OK with this interaction.  A text only relationship where you met once, you pushed for more & were rebuffed sounds unfulfilling at best.   

Try building relationships with people you know & can see in real life