Wife of 7 years taken by a scanmer

I really don’t know what to say, but here goes back in June my wife told me she wants a divorce it was out of no where started telling me she never had feelings for me and she wanted to be alone. I knew that we had drifted apart due to my depression and her being off her meds. She works nights and I work days. I fought for 5 months to save our marriage it seemed like she was doing the same. A few days ago I discovered that she had fallen in love with a scammer and has given him thousands of dollars and completed bitcoin transactions for him. I moved out but in all reality I still want to be with her she was a victim of a vicious crime and I have lost 140lbs to date and could very easily walk away.

Never move out of your home with a divorce pending.

It's the single worst mistake you can possibly make.

Move back in immediately and take precautions to protect yourself from a false domestic violence charge.

And separate your finances and try to limit her exposure to shared assets so she doesn't lose any more.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Seiker said:

I knew that we had drifted apart due to my depression and her being off her meds.  she had fallen in love with a scammer and has given him thousands of dollars and completed bitcoin transactions for him. I moved out.

Sorry this is happening. Please consult an attorney for information support and advice regarding marital assets debts and responsibilities.

If possible try to mitigate the consequences of her involvement with the scammer. Where are you living now? You may need to legally separate, both because of finances and you can't just abandon the marriage without legally dissolving it 

Please see a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. Get some tests done. Please ask your a referral to a qualified therapist for ongoing support. 

Sorry to hear this has happened.  Fact is, if she doesn't want to be with you, nothing is going to change that.  But you do need to make sure that your share of the finances are safe.

Have you already divided assets?   If not, you need to consult a lawyer immediately

She’s chosen not to be with you. She isn’t a victim, the way I read it. Please take care of yourself - seek legal counsel right away.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Seiker said:

I moved out but in all reality I still want to be with her she was a victim of a vicious crime and I have lost 140lbs to date and could very easily walk away.

This is very contradictory.  You want to be with her ... but you could very easily walk away?  

You kind of need to decide between these two things in order to know how you want to proceed.

What does your significant weight loss have to do with this?  Have you lost 140 pounds on purpose or is this due to your depression and / or stress over this situation?

On 10/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, Seiker said:

. A few days ago I discovered that she had fallen in love with a scammer and has given him thousands of dollars and completed bitcoin transactions for him. I moved out but in all reality I still want to be with her she was a victim of a vicious crime and I have lost 140lbs to date and could very easily walk away.

You need to walk away now & separate financially before she gives this scammer all of your money too.  

Why do you say she was scammed out of the money?  She may have fallen in love with him and given him money freely.  You're better off letting her go with him and get what she deserves.

• Like 1

She sounds like an absolute airhead. Obviously you're under incredible stress and it's affecting your physical and mental health, so a GP and some mental health support might be a good idea while you navigate the mess she's created. Get a lawyer, get a divorce, and get your share of assets and run.