A Love Story of Two Worlds

• Author
Just now, basil67 said:

Yes, you may stay as a little star in her heart as she goes on to marry a man of her own faith. 

You don't hold the authority over the decision; I rely on God.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, MBar said:

You don't hold the authority over the decision; I rely on God.

Given that only her family have authority over her, I don't understand your comment.  And what has God got to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MBar said:

into detail right now.

Can you please show me where I mentioned that she chose her family over me? Also, point out where I said that she is wrong, or her religion and her father are wrongor that the world is a bad place. 

Actions speak louder than words. Her actions indicate she is chosing her family. After 5 years if she had chosen you she would have packed her stuff and leave her family.

In your introduction it's clear that you find people having very conservative religious belief are wrong to not view the world the way you do.

• Author
51 minutes ago, basil67 said:

Given that only her family have authority over her, I don't understand your comment.  And what has God got to do with it?

God is involved in everything that is happening! I'm simply stating that wrong will not continue. Breaking hearts is one of the biggest crimes that have still remained without any judgments or punishments. In here, the role of God comes into play when one day He delivers His judgments.

21 minutes ago, MBar said:

. Breaking hearts is one of the biggest crimes that have still remained without any judgments or punishments. 

Who is commiting the "crime" of breaking your heart? Her, her family? Her culture/religion?  Heartbreak is painful but it's not a crime someone inflicted on you. You decided to fall for a woman from a religion/culture that you disagree with, distain and obstructs your personal efforts to be with this woman. Therefore you broke your own heart by not accepting, having respect for or understanding her culture and religion. 

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1
37 minutes ago, MBar said:

Why assume she's prioritizing her family? Should she live on the streets? Neither of us wants to resort to running away, as it's not a solution. For me, it might be easier than you imagine. We're currently at an impasse, so we both believe it's better to create some distance to contemplate our options and see how things unfold.
This indicates your constrained comprehension abilities.

It is definitely “assumed” since she is still there with them - and not with you full time.

you are wasting your time, my dear. She isn’t going to be able to break free. If she was - she would have by now - after all it’s been 5 years. She is an adult and can do what she wants.

evidence shows she is right where she wants to be. 

On 10/26/2023 at 5:50 AM, MBar said:

We've been in a relationship for nearly 5 years. She is 25, and I'm 26. This is mainly connected to religion; she follows the Yazidi faith. 

"The Romeo and Juliet effect" describes the intensification of romantic feelings in relationship when met by parental opposition,  referencing the protagonists of the William Shakespeare play Romeo and Juliet, whose families were opposed to their union.

[ ] 

You are an adult male, you've loved this woman for 5 years! What are you waiting for acting like an adult man!? [ ] Ask her to marry you, set up a life together, protect her and protect your marriage! Other men will respect you when you act like a *man* and don't hide!!

I am the mother of 2 adult daughters, l would not respect a man that hides to talk to my daughter like he's 14 years old! Even if l don't like him l'd respect him more if he acted like a man with integrity and he'd show up at my door to tell me he loves my daughter and his intention is to love her and honor her!

Maybe it's not just about religion! Maybe they want better for their daughter then a man that hides!

In your introduction you accuse people of lacking courage to change, where is your courage? When did you show up at their door to introduce yourself! 

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
response to removed content/civility
  • Like 2

People can fall in love with the wrong person. In fact, it happens all the time, in a variety of ways.

The depth and sincerity of your current emotion, despite how genuine it may be, doesn't necessarily mean you are actually right for each other (in the long term) and doesn't guarantee success.

10 hours ago, MBar said:

Respect is consistently absent in your behavior. Have you thoroughly read the entire message? I'm unsure. I don't understand why my persistence causes you distress when you know that I won't give up. The situation is critical, as I've mentioned repeatedly, and we are actively searching for a viable solution. Hopefully, I won't need assistance, as your involvement might be more detrimental than her current circumstances.

My resolve is strongest when I refrain from causing problems for her. I made the tough decision to spare her family from heartbreak, and despite the challenges, I continue to persevere.

This doesn’t sound as if you are sparing her family from heartbreak since you ultimately plan to change the dynamics of her family life.

it sounds more like an animal lying in wait to pounce on its prey.

your “perseverance” is a cover for non actions.

your gut knows fully well she may never leave her family/ways of upbringing.

one person isn’t usually capable of penetrating generations of traditions.

• Like 1