Why is my ex acting this way?

So me and my ex have been broken up for close on 2 years. A few months ago she started writing, even though she’s been in a Relationship for over a year. So I had her convinced to meet up and I didn’t bother meeting up. We continued to talk and she blocked me on social media, her best friend wrote me and told me she blocked me because her bf saw we were talking and made her delete me on social Media. The last few months we have zero engagement. I noticed this week every Instagram story I posted she viewed. I wrote her and said “I don’t think your boyfriend would enjoy you wondering what I’m up too” she wrote back “haha, well my best friend told me to come check out your profile” . I said “well this has been going on all week, good bye” ever since she hasn’t viewed anything or said anything. Is she just seeing what I’m up to hoping to get some info? Or what’s her motive? 

That’s hard to say what her motive is. I wouldn’t read into this. I think the most obvious is she’s not entirely happy in her relationship but it may also be to gloat on the fact that she is happy and has someone in her life while you don’t? I know that doesn’t sound very nice but some people are like that. She may also be bored or just fondly thinking of you. It doesn’t necessarily mean she wants to date you again.

Why did you break up anyway?

That part about convincing her to meet up and then not bothering to meet up - what do you mean? Did you both make plans as in a day and time and then she showed and you didn’t show up? 

16 minutes ago, NewfieEd said:

I wrote her and said “I don’t think your boyfriend would enjoy you wondering what I’m up too”

Bigger question is why you sent her this message.   It was really unnecessary.   

If you've got a problem with her following your socials, block her.

7 hours ago, NewfieEd said:

she wrote back “haha, well my best friend told me to come check out your profile” 

Why bother with these headgames from an ex? Set yourself free and make a complete break. Delete and block her and ALL her people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. There's no point devoting any time to this background noise. 

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter.  Block her & move on.  She should not have the ability to see what you post.  

I can't believe you still care 2 years after a break up.  It's past time to cut ALL ties & fully move forward.  That includes you disconnecting from her friends, especially the one who told her to look at your IG.   

BTW, it was rotten of you to arrange a meeting then ghost.  I really don't understand why she still talks to you after that especially since she has a BF.  Because she has this BF but is presumably still pursuing you, it would behoove you to seriously think about what kind of a person she is & what values / morals she is showing she lacks (loyalty, fidelity etc.)