Will my ex ever miss me or feel regret [UPDATE: he's dating someone else]

19 hours ago, Bertol said:

looking to see if other people have been through similar things and how they cope with it. I do not want him back, its my first breakup and im just trying to learn it. 

I haven't had the exact same experiences as you. But I have been through break-ups, and in one case in particular, our social circles overlapped, so I would bump into him or the woman I suspected he had moved on to (my suspicions would later be confirmed). That made it more difficult than usual to move on. It didn't help that they seemed to want to make me aware that they were together.

What basically helped was doing everything in my power to avoid them while the hurt was still raw and, thus, giving myself time and space to heal. I basically retired from my old social life, which meant that I no longer interacted with mutual friends except for a handful with whom I was close and who I knew would respect my boundaries. I also no longer frequented the places where I was likely to bump into my ex and/or his new girlfriend.

I admit I spent a lot of time thinking about the relationship. But it was constructive reflection. Knowing what I now knew about him, I was able to look back on conversations that we'd had and things that he'd done and see them in a new light. That gave me insight into where things had gone wrong and why and enabled me to see that we really hadn't been compatible and to accept that the breakup was for the best.

It will sting less in time. 

He was apparently already checking out of the relationship by the time you ended it, and you made the right call there. It wasn't going to work out. Now he is her problem. What may or may not happen between them is not relevant. 

You will eventually move on as more time passes. I bet that 6 months from now, you will feel mostly indifferent about him.