How should I get this girls number

I’ve recently started working security at a club for about a month and I am very interested in one of the bartenders who started just before me. My question is how should I go about getting this girls number since it’s difficult to have a conversation while working because of the noise. We haven’t had a full conversation, just the simple how are you while walking past each other before our shifts. Should I ask during our first conversation or give it a bit of talking to gauge her interest before asking her out. I just don’t want to come off too strong but also want to make my intentions clear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

We haven’t had a full conversation, just the simple how are you while walking past each other before our shifts. Should I ask during our first conversation or give it a bit of talking to gauge her interest before asking her out. 

Yes try some small talk before your shift before jumping right in for her number. 

Get to know her a bit more and no, I would not ask for anyone’s number in the first conversation. And ask her out instead of asking for her number. Someone asking for a number is so cliche and cringy. A person can right then answer you on whether they want to spend time with you outside of work as opposed to feeling on the spot having to give their phone number. 

Edited by glows
  • Like 1

I would have a bit of banter with her first, I had someone recently (an 18 year old, haha) come up to me and ask for my Insta. Of course, there is no way I would go out with someone that young but I would prefer a person just talk to me for a bit before bravely coming out and just asking for your number. 

So, for example, if he came up to me and asked for my Insta, I would reply with something like, "Wow, smooth move. Making your way through the crowd collecting numbers, huh? Well, I have to say, you definitely caught my attention. But I gotta know, what makes you think I'm worthy of a follow on Insta?" 

Also, might casually mention that you'd like to take her out sometime and it's not like you're just going out collecting numbers from random people. If she responds positively, you can continue the conversation and get to know her a bit more. 

Edited by Alpacalia

Banter & small talk before the ask.   At the close of the shift help her restock or clean once you get all the patrons out.  Then round up the whole crew to go to a diner or something after shift.  Get to know her there.  

When she gives you a glass with ice cubes...say jokingly, want to break the ice--- together?

Harmless. Silly, she will know.