First date with Rory

Keeves1

9 hours ago, Keeves1 said:

Sadly, yes it seems like she is not interested and are using her work as an excuse to not make time for 2nd date. 

It's unclear why you locked down a specific night, especially a weeknight.

Perhaps you're a bit rusty as far as dating, but asking them when and where would be mutually convenient is better than saying "Weds (or any specific day)".

The other thing is to end dates by telling them you had a nice time and would like to see them again, and when would be a good time.

Unfortunately you may have made a faux pas asking to go to her place on the first meeting rather than ending the evening and asking her out again for another time.

Unfortunately that could come across as just trying to hookup and a lot of women are turned off by that.

Anyway.  Hopefully you left things open and invited her to contact you when she is free.  That way the ball is in her court.  

Edited by Wiseman2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

Yes! It is actually the first time I have not been able to score a 2nd date.. wonder what went wrong 🤔👀 

Me and Rory have actually been talking a bit today. Just a small talk really nothing special in particular. 

I sent her a generic snap that I was at work and she answered with «watching anime at work? Is it that quiet?»

and yeah we started to talk about her dog as she was about to go out. 

I was trying to connect or have small talk with her about dogs in general

Hmm. Not sure. Does she know you are dating around? Do you think she felt uneasy about your attempt to navigate back to her place on your first date? Women can be hesitant if they feel they are being seen as a sexual conquest.

Edited by Alpacalia
  • Like 1
  • Author
28 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

Perhaps you're a bit rusty as far as dating, but asking them when and where would be mutually convenient is better than saying "Weds (or any specific day)".

The other thing is to end dates by telling them you had a nice time and would like to see them again, and when would be a good time.

Unfortunately you may have made a faux pas asking to go to her place on the first meeting rather than ending the evening and asking her out again for another time.

Unfortunately that could come across as just trying to hookup and a lot of women are turned off by that.

Anyway.  Hopefully you left things open and invited her to contact you when she is free.  That way the ball is in her court.  

Yes I do feel it myself that I’m rusty 😅 

what do you mean by this comment: «but asking them when and where would be mutually convenient is better than saying "Weds (or any specific day)".»?

actually I have been seeing alot of youtube videos about dating. I can’t remember which one I saw but on the video they mentioned that to say «I had a great time and would like to see you again» would likely increase the chance for 2nd date and I thought it was a nice word and nice in general to say it :) 

Yeah even tho I apologized and she said «don’t think about it» it seems like that was the pass for her.

I did! I wrote something like: «Just message me when you have time». She probably saw the comment but choose not to answer it and instead write «watching anime at work? Is it that quiet?» 

I still have my fingers crossed for a 2nd date 🤞

11 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

Yes I do feel it myself that I’m rusty 😅 

what do you mean by this comment: «but asking them when and where would be mutually convenient is better than saying "Weds (or any specific day)".»?

actually I have been seeing alot of youtube videos about dating. I can’t remember which one I saw but on the video they mentioned that to say «I had a great time and would like to see you again» would likely increase the chance for 2nd date and I thought it was a nice word and nice in general to say it :) 

Yeah even tho I apologized and she said «don’t think about it» it seems like that was the pass for her.

I did! I wrote something like: «Just message me when you have time». She probably saw the comment but choose not to answer it and instead write «watching anime at work? Is it that quiet?» 

I still have my fingers crossed for a 2nd date 🤞

Why are you watching YouTube videos on dating?

arrnt you supposed to be watching the videos on sex … those aren’t on YouTube :)

• Like 1
  • Author
48 minutes ago, Ami1uwant said:

Why are you watching YouTube videos on dating?

arrnt you supposed to be watching the videos on sex … those aren’t on YouTube :)

Hahahha 🤣🤣

Jokes aside, I should probably not watch Youtube video’s about it and just be myself like I did when I dated Maria