Former colleague of mine wants to hang out

Hey!

My former colleague that I’m going to refer to as «Josephine» wants to hang out with me. I can’t remember if she was the one who brought it up or if it was me but we were both working together at my previous job at the cinema which I quit about 2-3 years ago (don’t quote me on that but I know atleast that I have been working for 1 year at my current job)

She had a part time while I had full time so It’s not like I was working with her all the time everyday but once we both were working together that day we spoke alot and clicked right away. Then she told me that she’s moving to New York to pursue acting so she had to quit the job and had already given our boss the resign letter. It was then we both agreed to atleast meet each other 1 time before she moves to NY but we never met due to her being very busy with other assignment in Norway. 

Forgot to mention that I also got her snapchat while we were talking alot as a colleagues. We were snapping each other a little bit when she was in NY but she told me that she would deactive her account so If I wanted to talk more we could do that over at Facebook Messenger but due to the time difference it was not the practical for me to communicate with her. It’s around 6 hours difference from NY and Norway. 

One day this July I was scrolling on facebook and then I saw a photo of her which she was tagged on and it seems like she were out with her family in Norway (I recognize the background that she was back in Norway) so I sent her a message on facebook messenger and it was true! She is back and she is still here in Norway. 

We have been chatting up for about a week or two and agreed to meet each other next weekend 29 or 30 July. I’m really excited as this was long overdue but the question is: What should we do? 😅😆 I always hang out with the boys not this would be the first time I’ll hang out with a girl. 

I would greatly appreciate any input and tips :) thanks for taking your time to read this

Best Wishes,

Keeves

Lovely to have your friend back in town!  With regards to the activity, it's no different to hanging out with the boys.  You both have a chat about what you want to do, come to an agreement and go do it. 

Are you still with Maria?  If so, this 1:1 meet up could be interpreted the wrong way by her.  (1:1 meetings with people of the opposite sex aren't always welcomed by partners...and quite reasonably so)  Discuss it with Maria and make sure she's comfortable.  If she's wary, then perhaps she can join you

• Author

Hey Basil!

I was thinking to go get coffee and talk for a bit and if it’s sunny outside me and Josephine could go for a walk while eating icecream. Me and Maria has put the relationship on hold as of now. I’ve already spoken to her about it and she’s fine with it

• Author

I actually kinda like Josephine altough we have not met each other outside of work… I’m planning to meet her a couple of times and ask her what she’s looking for :) I’m fully aware that it is not realistic to be her boyfriend by hanging out a couple of times but I could shoot my shot and try asking Josephine for a date after we have hung out couple of times

Edited by Keeves1
  • Author

Hey everyone! How are your day going so far? 

I will meet Josephine this saturday! 

What should we do? 😅😆 I always hang out with the boys but this would be the first time I’ll hang out with a girl. 

Honestly from the moment me and her talked alot I realized that I was into Josephine but that time period I was dating Maria which is fine with me seeing and dating other girls. I like Josephine but haven’t gotten to know her outside of work, should I maybe ask her on a date instead of hanging around? 

Here is some background/contect just in case: 

My former colleague that I’m going to refer to as «Josephine» wants to hang out with me. I can’t remember if she was the one who brought it up or if it was me but we were both working together at my previous job at the cinema which I quit about 2-3 years ago (don’t quote me on that but I know atleast that I have been working for 1 year at my current job)

She had a part time while I had full time so It’s not like I was working with her all the time everyday but once we both were working together that day we spoke alot and clicked right away. Then she told me that she’s moving to New York to pursue acting so she had to quit the job and had already given our boss the resign letter. It was then we both agreed to atleast meet each other 1 time before she moves to NY but we never met due to her being very busy with other assignment in Norway. 

8 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

What should we do? 😅😆 I always hang out with the boys but this would be the first time I’ll hang out with a girl. 

Have a discussion with her and decide on what you'd both like to do.   As for dating or not, don't get ahead of yourself.....just see how it goes

• Thanks 1

What exactly do you want?

Are you looking for a romantic connection with this new girl?

8 hours ago, Keeves1 said:

I realized that I was into Josephine but that time period I was dating Maria which is fine with me seeing and dating other girls. 

Has your GF moved out yet?  See what happens with your former colleague. But don't jump right into another situation just to avoid loneliness.

• Author
4 hours ago, JTSW said:

What exactly do you want?

Are you looking for a romantic connection with this new girl?

I want to establish a family in the future so I’m looking for a relationship I can be in the long run :) 

I don’t know if that answered your question if I’m looking for a romantic connection 😅 but if not I would be happy if me and Josephine would be just friends

• Author
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Has your GF moved out yet?  See what happens with your former colleague. But don't jump right into another situation just to avoid loneliness.

She has not moved out yet, but will do it at the end of august. Yeah it could be smart to be alone first before dating again

• Like 1
leafverdant

Your day sounds great so far, and I'm excited for your upcoming meetup with Josephine this Saturday! It's awesome that you two clicked right away when you worked together at the cinema. Since you're unsure about what to do on your hangout, how about trying something fun and relaxed? Maybe a casual coffee date or grabbing a bite to eat at a cozy cafe could be a great way to start. It'll give you both a chance to catch up and chat in a relaxed setting.

Given that you mentioned being interested in Josephine, it might be a good idea to consider going on a date rather than just hanging around as friends. After all, you've already connected well with her, and this could be a wonderful opportunity to get to know her on a more personal level.

The most important thing is to be yourself and enjoy the time you spend together. You've chatted online, and now it's time to take the next step and have some face-to-face fun. Don't worry too much about it being your first time hanging out with a girl; just treat it like you would with any friend and be genuine.

I'm sure you both will have an amazing time, and I wish you the best of luck with your meetup.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Keeves1 said:

I want to establish a family in the future so I’m looking for a relationship I can be in the long run :) 

I don’t know if that answered your question if I’m looking for a romantic connection 😅 but if not I would be happy if me and Josephine would be just friends

You need to sort your situation with Maria out before bringing another woman into the picture.

• Thanks 1
  • Author
6 hours ago, leafverdant said:

Your day sounds great so far, and I'm excited for your upcoming meetup with Josephine this Saturday! It's awesome that you two clicked right away when you worked together at the cinema. Since you're unsure about what to do on your hangout, how about trying something fun and relaxed? Maybe a casual coffee date or grabbing a bite to eat at a cozy cafe could be a great way to start. It'll give you both a chance to catch up and chat in a relaxed setting.

Given that you mentioned being interested in Josephine, it might be a good idea to consider going on a date rather than just hanging around as friends. After all, you've already connected well with her, and this could be a wonderful opportunity to get to know her on a more personal level.

The most important thing is to be yourself and enjoy the time you spend together. You've chatted online, and now it's time to take the next step and have some face-to-face fun. Don't worry too much about it being your first time hanging out with a girl; just treat it like you would with any friend and be genuine.

I'm sure you both will have an amazing time, and I wish you the best of luck with your meetup.

This was so relaxing to read and I also would thank you for taking your time to write this! I will take your advice and do it this weekend when me and Josephine will meet :) 

4 minutes ago, Keeves1 said:

Btw! Should I say that it is a date? 🤔

To hurt Maria or to try to get Josephine to hook up? Please use empathy and discretion when dealing with people. 

1 hour ago, Keeves1 said:

Don't even think about dating her until Maria has moved out and you're properly single.

8 hours ago, Keeves1 said:

No!

As I said, sort your situation with Maria first.

It is really not fair on her if you start going out on dates while she is still living with you.