Does he like me?

Hi, 

I would like to ask what should I do in my current situation with my guy friend who keeps distance from me. 

Last summer, a guy from same school (I would call him M from now on) that I was not close but we have mutual friends,  become a partner at graduation ceremony. We had so much fun together, talked all day then I would like to properly get to know more him and want to be friend. So I reached out to him for catch up and at that time I had the worst heart broke in my life so I told him my struggles and about the break up as well. I really felt comfortable with him, can be 100% myself so I thought I do like him as a friend. We kept hanging out time to time, having dinner and also went to movie together. I have some guy friends that I hang out often but when I think again, I rarely hang out just the two of us, but I didn't think about it that much at that time. He is very sweet to me, always compliment about my style or work which make me feel very happy and I am in the safe environment. He time to time initiated to hang out and we time to time hang out on a regular basis for couple of months. Then sadly one of our mutual friends and I had a bit rough time so I decided not to see her as closest friend which is also his best friend. and at the same time I saw him super liked me on the dating app which I didn't know what to do at that time so I pretended I didn't see anything and deleted my account. Of course friends can like on the app for fun but it was a bit awkward as we were hanging out and he sometimes told me his mom thought that we were together or like that.

I think I might have feelings already at that time or really liked him as a person but since I was going through a lot depression inside me from my previous breakup I didn't want to do anything as he is genuinely a nice guy which I didn't want to hurt him at all in any chance, and don't want to just start dating him because I need someone. He has never been in serious relationship so that also affected me to be a bit more careful. So the situations got a bit weird with the dating app and a mutual friend.

Since then he started to keep distance, not replying to my text or not initiating any hang out. I understand him as well, he might feel a bit weird but I do hope I didn't hurt him. And since then I really focused on myself and started to get a lot better since this year March, so it's been some time passed that I just try to be happy with myself, take care of me. and then I think i realize my feelings toward to M that it might be more than friendship. I know myself that I am a bit protective, and after the break up which made me even more I want a guy to lead me in the relationship and affirm me. and I think nowadays if i ruined and messed up everything, what if I liked him back and at least he knows that I am also interested. As I was hiding my feelings but then I know it will not work out as my past relationship memories has been affected me back and forth which I really need to spend some time to get better. 

Two weeks before, I met him by chance on the street and we talked a bit and I told him I wanted to catch up with him because he's been not replying to me. And he told me he felt bad about it and he's away for vacation soon so let's meet after that. I was a bit sad but I can see that he really is happy to see me like he hugged me when we met and also again when we say goodbye, but I just nowadays miss him more and he's such a nice, sweet and most of all i can be 100% myself which is difficult for me think I really do miss him a lot. I would like to ask advice if I want to develop friendship but further what should i do!  Please help me. 

Thanks for reading! 

He's on vacation. Perhaps when he returns ask to do something together, but don't friendzone him or talk about your breakup this much. Make sure you actually miss him and you're not just hurting and lonely from the breakup.

ExpatInItaly

See what happens when he returns from holidays. 

Understand that he might have lost interest by this point, though. If he was trying to send you some signals and you didn't really recipricate, it's normal that he would eventually move on. 

I agree he may have lost interest at this point because of all the mixed signals you were sending.  I'm skeptical if you are really over your ex by now or just lonely for male attention.  You say you want a guy to lead you into a relationship and affirm you, but pushed this guy away.  It seems you only became interested after he stopped replying to your texts. I think he was right to stop replying to you and backing off.

You need to stop sending mixed signals and be 100% honest with him.

Stop hiding/bottling up your feelings because it will mess with your head.

If you have feelings for him, tell him. 

He had hinted to you a few times that he was interested in you more than a friend.