Slightly Undecided and Jealous about Coworker

Hi,

Have been liking coworker for a while and being very nice to her. Noticed she would meet with some guy that would visit her after work and from what I gathered they seem to be meeting up or maybe dating. I would like to know how serious is their relationship is without asking her directly to know if I should pursue her. Seeing photo of them kissing would set me free and I will move on with my life without being invested in what can turn out to be disappointment in the end.

Is there a way to find this out through Facebook? Or maybe other ways on the internet? I am not friends with her because my friend request has been stuck at pending and nor friends with the guy. 

36 minutes ago, HotPepper said:

. I would like to know how serious is their relationship is without asking her directly to know if I should pursue her.   my friend request has been stuck at pending 

Sorry this is happening. It's best to be professional and friendly at work and not get involved in coworkers personal lives. 

If you sent a friend request without a response, it may be best to let go. Many people do not want workplace romances or don't want coworkers on their personal social media.

You could get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps and start talking to and meeting. This way you know they're available and avoids problems at work.

Also, join some groups and clubs, volunteer, get involved in sports and fitness, take some classes and courses. Broaden your social horizons and make friends and meet women this way. 

You can set yourself free and move on by simply pursuing real life and online ways to meet women you don't work with.

Whether it be finding out if she's dating or approaching her for a date, you first need to be able to chat with her in a friendly manner.  Does your work ever have social drinks on a Friday night?  Could you say "Hi" when you see her in the kitchen?   Do you interact with her with any of your work? 

Of course, if you are friendly towards her, bear in mind you can't stop being friendly if you find out she's dating someone or if you find she's not interested in dating you.  

• Like 1

From what you said, she is not interested in you.

She is clearly seeing someone and hasn't accepted your friend request.

Leave it and move on.

• Like 3

Lesson to be learned here...stop emotionally investing in someone you are not even dating. I would say she's not interested, she is meeting up with a guy, and that should be enough. Set yourself free, she doesn't need to tell you anything.

• Like 1

If you regularly see her meeting up with a guy, I would just assume that is probably her boyfriend.  Stop wasting your time with this, just move on.

Ageless Wisdom23

There is nothing wrong with asking her out for a coffee after work.  All she can say is "No," and regardless her Reason, Just keep it cool at work.🙂

Edited by Ageless Wisdom23