I dont know what to do with my situationship

I met a boy on social media and we've known each other for about 8 months and also we do not live in the same city bıth uni students he is 2 years older than me. We met in August and talked until October, then we stopped talking and he texted me back at the beginning of March and we started talking again. During these months, he said that he had a girlfriend for about 1 month. When we talk, we talk for hours, but he only writes to me at night and responds very late during the day. As I know beforehand, he has a digital drawing job and works as a freelancer, so he says he is busy. and tells me that he can only look at his phone at night. I asked about this before, and he said he didn't see me as a friend and that he liked me almost 3 times or so, but I didn't say it back. He didn't even ask for a photo, even including a photo of my face. never talked about anything seual. didn't even mention anything seual to me. When I told him about this situation, he just said that I was very thinking too much (texting topic) and this shouldn't be a topic of discussion. In addition, although we made a plan, we never video chat or voice chat before, we do not follow other social media accounts, such as snapchat or so we do not have our phone numbers. All we do is message and chat on Instagram I don't know what to do. I think I'm slowly feeling distant because of the late replies but I still want to text. i dotn know what I should do

• Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Have you met in person?

no, we didn't even do video call. I know it sounds so weird but I really like him

ExpatInItaly
4 hours ago, lokuyh said:

All we do is message and chat on Instagram I don't know what to do.

Nothing, honestly. 

This person is a chat buddy. That's all. Try to avoid getting in your feelings over someone you have never met. You don't know him, but you do know he isn't single. So, this is a waste of time if you're looking for something more. 

• Like 2

I’m only in my forties, but I’ll be the curmudgeon here:

1. Forget about him. Somebody you have never met (and presumably won‘t meet anytime soon) should not be that important to you. Prioritize friends and potential LTR partners who you can actually meet and talk to face to face.

2. Seriously reduce your daily dose of „social“ media, they are making you lonely. You unlearn actual people skills and get stuck in a dream world of what life and relationships could/should be like.

3. Get to know people offline.

• Like 1

Be careful.

You have no idea who he is.

You've been talking for 8 months, but never seen each other.

You like the idea of him, not him himself because you don't know him.

You could be talking to a much older man for all you know.

Honestly, I get bad vibes here. 

Don't continue with this.

It doesn't sound right.

You don't give your gender, but you are using a male avatar.  Are you male?   And he's dating a female?   

16 hours ago, lokuyh said:

no, we didn't even do video call. I know it sounds so weird but I really like him

Do you work?  Go to school? Live with parents?

Consider rounding out your in-person life. Join some groups and clubs, volunteer, get involved in sports and fitness, take some classes and courses .

Get a good profile and pics on quality dating apps. Start talking to and meeting local men in person.

Keep in mind this could be a catfish, scammer, married guy or weirdo. Do not give out personal information. Delete this entity from ALL your social media and messaging apps. 

• Like 1
  • Author
6 hours ago, JTSW said:

Be careful.

You have no idea who he is.

You've been talking for 8 months, but never seen each other.

You like the idea of him, not him himself because you don't know him.

You could be talking to a much older man for all you know.

Honestly, I get bad vibes here. 

Don't continue with this.

It doesn't sound right.

I mean I've seen him he sent me photos of him and shares stories of himself with friends I know what he is but we just didn't talk face to face in real life

• Author
6 hours ago, basil67 said:

You don't give your gender, but you are using a male avatar.  Are you male?   And he's dating a female?   

I am a female and he is a male he broke up with his gf I was trying to say that they've only dated only for a month

Oldenuff2know

He makes a lot of excuses for not communicating with you and it seems everything is on his terms and for his convenience. I would stop talking to him. Get involved in some groups on campus so you can meet people local to you. The sooner you do, the sooner you'll forget about him.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:58 PM, lokuyh said:

I mean I've seen him he sent me photos of him and shares stories of himself with friends I know what he is but we just didn't talk face to face in real life

He sent you pics but he could be using someone else's pics for all you know. 

You actually have no idea if anything he is telling you or showing you is the truth.

Ask him to video call and if he refuses or makes excuses why he cant ,then you know he's not who he says he is.