What is right and wrong or just be a shadow…

Hello

i have not been on here for long time…

I have a one thing that bothers me about my fiancé and his work events…

he is very successful CFO and a vise President… pretty large Hospital.

anyway, other than Gala Party event, he go alone even thought other executives bring their spouses.

and many times someone who passed away a board member or few of his employees passed and he always attend funeral alone too….some I wanted to attend because I know the person but he never ask of me if I want to go with him….his other executives bring their spouse.

I just don’t say nothing…..

one other time I did ask him why you don’t take me to any events that his work does….One time he took me to Christmas party but never again…

anyway I ask him why not…

he respond like this…I hate people especially guys looking at you and scaling at you all the time and I can’t enjoy my self being there.but that is ridiculous.

nope I don’t dress sexy or anything revealing either and if I ever wear something show my cleavage, he make me go change….he say we are not going out…I say why, because you get too much attraction …..

is this only reason or is there something else?

Are you extremely good looking?  I can't imagiine a man with such a high position being so insecure.  Do you work or stay home?  I think it is odd that he doesn't bring you along to those occasions especially if you want to attend.

8 hours ago, Lily blue said:

if I ever wear something show my cleavage, he make me go change….

is this only reason or is there something else?

How long have you been together? How old is he? 

Are you concerned that there's someone else? Is he still texting his coworker often?

Is he generally controlling about what you wear?  Do you believe his reasons for not including you in socializing at work events? 

@Lily blue There's a bigger picture here.  Your posting history shows that you've had many issues with him over many years, yet you're still with him.   I ask kindly, why do you stay when there are so many problems and you're frequently so unhappy?   Many will say "relationships have ups and downs" but your 'downs' are very significant and should signal this relationship is not healthy for you.   I would urge you to review your history and instead of focusing on each individual issue, tell us more about how you feel about him generally.  

Regarding this post, you've said in previous posts that you are very attractive and get many compliments.  It sounds like your partner finds you very attractive, but can't cope with the idea that others do too, so he keeps you hidden away from other eyes.  Frankly, I'm concerned that he's controlling you.

If you were to consider leaving him, do you have somewhere to go? 

• Like 5

Odd or suspicious behavior of your husband I think. Might he flirt with others at the events? Some men want to show off their wives.  

Since covid is still around you could wear a mask. Then you won't attract as much attention. And wear plain neutral  clothes. But your husband's refusal may be more complicated.( And he doesn't want you to know)

On 4/9/2023 at 9:18 AM, LuckyM said:

Odd or suspicious behavior of your husband I think. Might he flirt with others at the events? Some men want to show off their wives. 

This is my suspicion.  Most men in his position like to show off their wives if they're pretty or highly educated.  Something's fishy.

introverted1

@Lily blueYou've been living with this guy since 2015 and engaged since 2017 from what I can tell of your posting history.  That's a long time to be "engaged" with no actual marriage.  And you mentioned in an early thread that your bf did take you to a company party in 2015 but that because you "lack of social function and not much talking" he has not taken you since.  Is this his assessment of you or your own?  Why are you with a man who seems ashamed of you?