Friend opened up to me

A friend of mine opened up to me tonight,he wants to know me more.I known him for 16 years now and does know I am a pre op mtf transsexual which he has taken very well.I was glad he was honest to me.He is a great guy and knows I got rid of my ex boyfriend on Sunday morning.Told him give me some time and he listened knowing give me space on this.Good thing is he has dated transwomen before and knows to be supportive of me although I did transition

ExpatInItaly
4 hours ago, MandyJo said:

He is a great guy and knows I got rid of my ex boyfriend on Sunday morning.

Take your time. Going from one love interest to another too quickly usually doesn't work out, so you're right to pump the brakes on this and be single for a while. 

• Author
2 hours ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Take your time. Going from one love interest to another too quickly usually doesn't work out, so you're right to pump the brakes on this and be single for a while. 

I told him at least a couple months.

It's natural to seek comfort and companionship from others after going through a breakup, and it's understandable that you may be doing the same.

Telling him you needed time to heal and process things was the right move.

It sounds like your friend is being very understanding and supportive. It's great that he is opening up to you and being honest about his past experience with transwomen. My advice would be to take the time that you need to heal from the breakup and focus on yourself, but also to stay open to getting to know your friend better and seeing where it could lead.

• Author
4 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

It's natural to seek comfort and companionship from others after going through a breakup, and it's understandable that you may be doing the same.

Telling him you needed time to heal and process things was the right move.

It sounds like your friend is being very understanding and supportive. It's great that he is opening up to you and being honest about his past experience with transwomen. My advice would be to take the time that you need to heal from the breakup and focus on yourself, but also to stay open to getting to know your friend better and seeing where it could lead.

Have been doing it,getting myself pampered this weekend.This friend,getting to know him has started