Is he interested?

I follow a wrestling company and attend nearly all their shows in the North of England.Over the last couple of years I've got to know the wrestlers fairly well. 

However there's one in particular I've started to get feeling for ( I used to hate him 🙈).

Sometimes I think he maybe interested:

He asks for us to take a selfie after the show 

He often glances at me from the ring during fights and make direct eye contact ( friends have noticed this too

He asks me to send photos I've taken

Last week on the way to the ring, he looked at me, winked, and gave me a shy thumbs up ( my friend saw and he had definitely singled me out)

When I take my niece he comes directly to me after the show to see me and my niece.

He keeps asking if he's my favourite yet- I have a favourite wrestler he's jealous of  

We chat a fair bit after the shows- more than anyone else he talks to 

Most of the wrestlers have a chat but sometimes it's like he tries to keep me talking.

Could he be interested? I'm just not very good at picking up signs since I got out of an abusive relationship I don't know how to read things?

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
formatting

Sounds to me like he's interested.

Next time after a wrestling match ask him what he's up to and if he fancies grabbing a drink.

You got nothing to lose.

salparadise
15 hours ago, siany666 said:

Last week on the way to the ring, he looked at me, winked, and gave me a shy thumbs up ( my friend saw and he had definitely singled me out)

I think you know he is, and that you are too. But there's that 1 percent of uncertainty that has you frozen. You just need to ask him to go for a drink, or something. Or at least give him an unmistakable green-light. You say he gave you a shy thumbs up... are you thinking that he may be shy generally, too shy to ask you? It happens. Just quit thinking about it as a big deal and invite him to do something. You'll be so proud of yourself for taking the initiative. 

On 2/28/2023 at 12:46 AM, siany666 said:

He keeps asking if he's my favourite yet- I have a favourite wrestler he's jealous of  

Macho Man Randy Savage, am I right? "Snap into a Slim Jim!"

It does seem like he is showing interest in you. Asking for selfies, making direct eye contact, and singling you out are all potential indicators of interest.

That being said, approach the situation with caution and try not to jump to conclusions. It may be helpful to continue to observe his behavior and see if it persists over time. You could also try initiating conversations and see how he responds to gauge his interest.

If you're unsure about his intentions, it's always better to err on the side of caution and wait for more definitive signs before taking any further steps.

These guys have groupies - like men in bands do.  So it's probably very easy for them, and for women like you who are interested in one of them - to hook up.   I'm not sure how smooth trying to get into a traditional dating or further relationship would go, but if you're okay with a  fling, make your move and see where it goes.

He seems flirty but unknown whether he likes you in any personal way. I agree about the groupies or doing some PR for his brand or his wrestling persona. Maybe he has a slight crush on you or is flattered by the attention so finds himself looking at you a lot for affirmation or to fan his ego.

This sort of question comes up over and over again - someone wants to know as a guarantee whether their love interest feels the same way back without taking the chance and asking them out. He may not be single for all you know. You don’t lose anything by asking. Maybe your ego will be bruised if he says no or tells you he had a girlfriend/is married but learn to accept rejection as an answer nevertheless and laugh at the foible and move on. 

Why did you used to hate him?

• Like 1