Can I Date a Guy My Friend Slept With?

squeakypoptart

squeakypoptart

Can I Date A Guy My Friend Slept With? How do I tell my friend that I am interested in one of her ex hook-ups?

One of my friends had been having casual hook-ups with some dude for about 3 months. She has also been having casual hook-ups with other men. They never really spoke outside of this. No feelings were developed. She had told me about him a few times but adamant she doesn’t have feelings for him and I believe her. 

We went clubbing last summer and all got really drunk. I ended up sleeping with him. She was pretty annoyed but got over it really quickly. She cut all ties with the guy.

A month later, he had initiated a few conversations and shortly after, we became friends. We have a lot in common and he is a great laugh. I had no intention of anything ever happening between us ever again. Overtime it became less platonic and we have both developed feelings for each other. He said he has outgrown casual hook-up life and wants to see where this will go and take us seriously. My friend doesn’t know but I want to tell her. 

What should I do? How do I tell her? I don’t want this to ruin our friendship but I’m only human and I cannot help who I fall for…

• Thanks 1