My daughters God Mother came to my holiday house with gastro

Pookie1

My daughters God Mother came to my holiday house and brought her grand daughter (5 years) and her best friend. Her best friend also brought her disabled grown up daughter and her two dogs.

I’m a single Mum and my daughter is 11. 

She said on the way down she had an “accident” in the car. Then her gastro came on to the extreme. We only had one toilet. 

we then find out the grand daughters brother had gastro when she was recently looking after him and she “wasn’t told”. Then I found that the grand daughter had it the weekend before.

anyway the point is, would you continue staying at someone’s house having gastro? She apologised and just stayed, so I let her get through the worst of it, making a mess in our bed and not quarantining. After she said the next day she wanted to go swimming, but I was too stressed as I’m worried I’ll get gastro so I said it’s time for us all to go home. My daughter has her first day of high school and we need a day off in between the holiday and starting school.

her friend and I were exhausted from looking after her and her grand daughter. 

she didn’t take that very well and now isn’t talking to me, and told the children “friends don’t kick out friends”. 

Her friend could have driven them all back (1hour drive) or her husband could have picked her up as well. Personally I wouldn’t stay at someone else’s house incase I gave them gastro! Am I wrong? 

4 hours ago, Pookie1 said:

I’m a single Mum and my daughter is 11.

Your priority is taking care of yourself and your child and both of your health and wellness. That includes asking people who are sick especially with something possibly contagious to please not visit until they are recovered. If these friends don't understand this, reconsider if they're worthwhile friends.

• Like 1
  • Author
1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Your priority is taking care of yourself and your child and both of your health and wellness. That includes asking people who are sick especially with something possibly contagious to please not visit until they are recovered. If these friends don't understand this, reconsider if they're worthwhile friends.

Thank you,

I can’t understand her motive for being angry and rude to me.

But maybe that’s about her and not me, like you say and I will certainly reconsider things moving forward if she ever speaks to me again! She ignored my messages! And I won’t try messaging her again. 

5 hours ago, Pookie1 said:

Her friend could have driven them all back (1hour drive) or her husband could have picked her up as well. Personally I wouldn’t stay at someone else’s house incase I gave them gastro! Am I wrong? 

It is understandable that you were stressed and worried about getting gastro because gastro can be very contagious. It is also understandable that you wanted your daughter to have a day off in between her holiday and starting school. Personally, if I had gastro issues, the last thing I would want is to be traveling and staying at someone's house. 

While it may have been better if the godmother had driven back with her granddaughter or her husband had come to pick them up, it was still your decision to make. Ultimately, you had to make the best decision for yourself and your daughter.

• Like 1

Sometimes people are sensitive about their own issues so don’t make a big deal of it around her. She flung out an insult aimed to hurt you because she’s likely very self-conscious. 

You did the reasonable thing wrapping things up and suggesting you all go home. 

Regarding the friendship, leave it alone and don’t respond if she reaches out. It’s not likely to end well if the other person is combative.

• Like 1

No, you're not wrong. If she was sick enough to have the "accident" in the car on the way there she should have known immediately what was wrong. She had three other people in the car with her, one of them disabled. She's at best thoughtless and stupid, at worst inconsiderate and selfish. I wouldn't worry too much about saving a friendship with someone who insults you after you've been so generous and tolerant. 

• Like 1
Ă—
Ă—