Would it be weird if.

hmmhmmm2

So last year, I met a girl at board game night. We both seemed to hit it off, and she even asked for my number, but all we really discussed was playing more games. The caveat is I work a travel job, so I'm not home often. We did end up meeting one more time, and then she invited me out, but I had left for work. Some time later, I returned, and apparently she changed her number, as someone else answered. I've frequented the board game shop where we met, but mostly just to play games and meet other people; but honestly I was hoping to see her again. So, my question is, it weird to look her up on Facebook, now several months later, to try to reconnect?

Hard to say but I don’t think it’s so bad. As long as you’re not obsessed with the idea of finding her and simply having a look. 

It sounds like you both hit it off. If you do happen to find her next time you propose a plan and time that works. 

Where I live, old phone numbers aren't given to new people.... and I doubt it's commonplace elsewhere or everyone with a new phone would be getting texts and calls from people who knew the previous owner of that number. My suspicion is that a boyfriend answered her phone.

Did you ask the person who answered the phone if your friend was there?  If not, give it another try

Edited by basil67
1 hour ago, mlssufan01 said:

she invited me out, but I had left for work. Some time later, 

If you two are already in some sort of club or group for games, it's not all that weird to stay in touch.  You claim you work away a lot. 

How long is "sometime later"?  You stated this was a year from when she asked you out to when you tried to contact her? 

Can you stay in touch with people while you are away?

• Author
13 hours ago, basil67 said:

Where I live, old phone numbers aren't given to new people.... and I doubt it's commonplace elsewhere or everyone with a new phone would be getting texts and calls from people who knew the previous owner of that number. My suspicion is that a boyfriend answered her phone.

Did you ask the person who answered the phone if your friend was there?  If not, give it another try

so, normally, I'd agree. However, she uses Telegram, and I noticed she stopped using Telegram around the same time that the number went out of commission. My suspicion is more that the number was in her boyfriend's name and they broke up or something....but honestly no idea really.