Suggestions for Dating while Traveling?

I travel for work, and I'm single. However, I find it extremely hard to find singles my age. Most are taken or already have 3 divorces (which I tend to steer clear of). I've tried every dating app you can think of , and I rarely get a response. I've probably managed 2 dates in the last 4 years from dating apps. They do not work for me. I'm really not into the bar scene as I don't drink much; and I'm not exactly sure where else responsible single adults might hang out.

(Side note, I've noticed that some bars are for married people looking to get away from their spouse lol).

If you're looking to "date" while traveling for work, then presumably what you are REALLY looking for is a hookup, since the possibility of anything long-term emerging is extremely low. Given that context, what exactly is the issue with a divorcee?

I'm really not into the bar scene as I don't drink much; and I'm not exactly sure where else responsible single adults might hang out.

Errrr.... I hate to break this to you, but "responsible adults" (especially of the sort who don't drink) are typically not looking to hookup with a person who's traveling for work, lol. Of course it just happens sometimes, but most of them aren't going to specifically be looking for it on an app.

• Like 1
  • Author
On 12/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, Elswyth said:

If you're looking to "date" while traveling for work, then presumably what you are REALLY looking for is a hookup, since the possibility of anything long-term emerging is extremely low. Given that context, what exactly is the issue with a divorcee?

Errrr.... I hate to break this to you, but "responsible adults" (especially of the sort who don't drink) are typically not looking to hookup with a person who's traveling for work, lol. Of course it just happens sometimes, but most of them aren't going to specifically be looking for it on an app.

this is pretty big assumption. Due to the nature of my work, I am fully open to the possibility of a LTR if it feels right, but I'm also not against short-term either. Sometimes my travel can last 2 years. TBH I'm just looking for a companion to explore the cities with or who can show me around.