Is their a need to be in a relationship?

• Author

@basil67

My last relationship is my daughters personal trainer.  I think she is the only one that I think has been 100% honest me with once we started dating.  I have known her for years and still see her a few times a week at the gym and somehow she still ends up at my dinner table once a week.   

Most of the people I know are through church or the gym.  Most of the couples I know do not have good relationships.  I do know 2 couples that I feel are truthful and countable with each other.

The pescatarian orders stake every time we go out to eat with out his wife.  It has happened 6 or7 times this year and the time he came to my house to help with some stuff his biggest concern was what I was going to smoke for him.  He ended up deciding on a leg of lamb.  They might not be hurting each other with what they tell her about the diets, but it would not hurt the relationship to tell the truth.

If you can not be truthful deep down to your self how can you be truthful to the people around you?

Maybe it’s time to change up your company. I have family (extended) that like to change their dietary restrictions depending on how good the food is in front of them. I don’t mind and we all know it’s a quirk and it’s not a slight on their character. I too find it amusing. As for who they are as people, I think they’re fantastic, immensely big hearted, generous, kind and loving people.

I think the reason why it seems too much and you’ve just had it is because of the substantial amount of poor company you’re in on regular basis. We outgrow people, don’t hang around these couples or families if they irk you. 

The individuals you’re dating may not be compatible or just shady in general. Again, avoid this negative cycle and lousy influences if they’re in your life. Find other interests and friends. This may be the time now to change things up and make more positive changes for you.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lost-found said:

@basil67

My last relationship is my daughters personal trainer.  I think she is the only one that I think has been 100% honest me with once we started dating. 

What brought your relationship with her to an end?

If you keep running into liars, then your people-picker--your screener--is flawed. Also means your social network you're finding women in is flawed. 

Over the last 5 year I have dated a few times, but have not found someone that is true to them self once you peal off their coating.

This statement is way out of place, and simply means you are meeting the wrong people, but that's on you and not on them. Figure out how to get to better people and then you can make a truly free choice to date or not date.  

• Like 1

Some people feel they need to be in a relationship in order to feel complete, while others are perfectly happy being single. For me, I do need to be in a relationship in order to feel fulfilled. I enjoy being around other people and having someone to share my life with makes me happy. That said, I also realize that not everyone needs or wants a relationship, and that's perfectly okay too.

A lot of people lead lives of quiet desperation. Add to this that people don't all have 100% objective insight. Then add to this that people are flawed humans.

You were going on about the hypocrisy of your friends diet labels, but why is that even important? If they want to imagine themselves as socially or health conscious, that's their facade but it's not a deception intended to harm or manipulate you.

Perhaps it's time to take things with a grain of salt rather than hold people to these standards or examine them with so much scrutany.

Yes OLD involves a wide range from best foot forward to outright scammers. So don't let the bad apples ruin your faith in yourself or others.

• Like 2
  • Author
6 hours ago, NuevoYorko said:

What brought your relationship with her to an end?

My daughter had to have a revision surgery on one of her stumps.   We both know she was going to need some help for a few days and she had hit the point in life that she gets supper embarrassed when I had to help her with some parts of life.  We did a bunch of brain storming and we decided that we both know her fairly well, she had just got her OT license, and what better than to have an OT work in the place where she spends most of her time to get comfortable with transfers.  The deal was to spend 3 after noon / nights.  She ended up spending about 5 days at the house.

2 weeks latter when we went back to the gym she started openly fluting with me and asked if she could come over for dinner and talk.  She ended up showing up hours early when I was still in my art studio and spent about 2 hours talking.  We dated for about 3 months.  She is 9 years younger than me and wants to have a child or 2 of her own.  I got fixed after our 3rd child.  We both know this was an issue from day 1, I'm cool with some of the work arounds to solve the issue, but it's still an issue that bothers her.

We dated for about 3 months and she slowly stopped hanging out.  We still talk at the gym 2 or 3 times a week, we have talked about how she wants to have a kid with who she ends up with, and were still good friends.  Like I said she still ends up at the house about once a week after work and half the time she spends the night.

• Author

@Wiseman2

I take people for what they are and how they act and make my opinion on people off of that.  I do not let other people run my life, but do limit my self when I find people that can not be truthful to them self and others.  I know not all issues are that important, but people that are able to live in a small lie are not bothered when they have to tell a bigger lie.   

Is this sleepover situation holding you in limbo? I am referring to the trainer you were seeing and wants kids. You appear to respect her but can’t have her. Is it preventing you from truly opening up and meeting new people? 

Break out of all these old patterns and I’d lose the sleepover casual sex if what you want is indeed much more with her.

• Author

@glows

Before I dated her I was done with dating and had hit the point that I'm mostly comfortable with my life and alone.  She has made me guess my self.  Yes I hope her trainer changes her mind and I feel that she is still working things out in her mind or she would not just happen to drive 10 minutes out of her way to just stop by to see how were doing and part of the time just crash on the couch.  Were not doing the casual sex and I have said no to that from the day she decided I might not be the right 1 for her.

• 4 weeks later...
MeanMisterFlustered

Me personally? Yes. I love got my periods and moments where I don’t mind being a lone, but I have few family and friends and I crave affection. Loneliness kills and it hurts seeing social media photos of others getting engaged while I’m still a bachelor. 

• 2 weeks later...