Help needed. Any advice appreciated. I will pay it forward.

• Author
matboxing1989
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Well eclipses are rare. Getting her liquored up is a poor idea. If you can get women as easily as you claim, why bother with her?

I just really like her. I feel a connection I havent felt before

5 minutes ago, matboxing1989 said:

all of the above

Dating, you can probably forget.

These situations rarely ever result in that. She more than likely is not going to end an engagement for you. 

You need to at least be realistic in your expectations here. 

• Author
matboxing1989
1 minute ago, ExpatInItaly said:

Dating, you can probably forget.

These situations rarely ever result in that. She more than likely is not going to end an engagement for you. 

You need to at least be realistic in your expectations here. 

Yeah I think you are right tbh. I appreciate the advice. I think I keep on talking, laughing, looking good, hanging out but not say anything. If she naturally decides it doesn’t work out, then I will be all over it.

You have many assets.  This is a no win situation.  Sign up to a dating website and start chatting with available gals.  I'm sure lots of women would be happy 😊 to get to know you.  Don't worry about being awkward.  Once you are comfortable with someone, this will fade.

Hitting on an attached work mate is wasting your time and life.  She's engaged. If she breaks up with him, you may have a chance.  That's not happening 😕.  Is it?  If she really thought you were the one, plans would be in place for her to move out!

Disconnect yourself from this mess!

On 11/3/2022 at 9:08 AM, matboxing1989 said:

I get with girls for fun and have already  with girls from the office and turn people down pretty often.

If you're already gotten with other girls in the office, she understandably may not want to be the next one on your list.   If you want someone in particular, it's best to avoid getting it on with all and sundry around them.  

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, matboxing1989 said:

This is the best reply so far, so thank you for your time.

I think I may have explained it in a more intense way, than it is. I highly doubt she will leave her partner and the idea it would get a stage like that, seems almost impossible.

My workplace is a party office and quite young. Lots of people get together and the rumour mill is always in full grind, so that doesnt bother me. My job or role is iron clad. I perform exceptionally and friends with the right people, so is there no risk of that.

I guess what I am asking ultimately is how do i go from chatting and texting a lot, flirting a bit, and going out for lunch, to the next level. How do I find out how she feels about me? [ ] . Do I ask her out for a drink after work? Do I play it cool? Do i ask for a dance at the xmas party. The forum feels like its for people with actual problems like divorce or child custody. I am 30 something year old guy who is basically asking what I should do, not asking for a moral scan or to be judged.  

If you were one of my employees and I found out about your activities, that would say a lot about your honesty, integrity and ethics. I’d be leery of ever trusting you. I know that may sound unfair, buts that’s the reality. 

I’d also be careful about your office cash getting tired of your flirting after a while.If she does, what would that mean for you in the workplace? 

you sound like a nice enough guy, you say you’re attractive so why go after someone else’s fiancee? I bet there’s lots of women with no baggage who would be thrilled to attract your attention. Remember the saying about if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes? 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:33 PM, matboxing1989 said:

She is engaged

This is the keyword here.

She is engaged so don't do anything stupid.

You obviously haven't given a single thought to her fiancé.

Think how you would feel if some guy was moving in on your woman.

She's not free for the taking, so there is nothing you can do.

On 11/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, matboxing1989 said:

The difference here is that i feel a genuine connection and wanted to know how to accelerate it.

You cant while she's engaged.

It doesn't look like she will be ending that anytime soon.

On 11/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, matboxing1989 said:

I think I keep on talking, laughing, looking good, hanging out but not say anything. If she naturally decides it doesn’t work out, then I will be all over it.

I think you need to do the opposite.

You need to back off.