I found out my parents cheated on each other and feel disgusted

SarahJones97

• Author
10 hours ago, samsungxoxo said:

I suppose if your parents were able to overcome such a difficult adversity and raised all 3 of you girls with love and stability, then they did a good job. 

I think that's all that matters. If they managed to set aside their issues and forgive each other so we can all have a happy, stable life then good. 

5 hours ago, Alpacalia said:

While I am grateful that my parents did not cheat on each other, I can't imagine this is pleasant for you.

I hope that you can try to look forward to your future with your future husband and focus on the positives that you both share. 

I think what matters is they never brought their issues towards us. I really can't complain about anything. They did raised us good even though they had their infidelity history. I'm now going to focus on my upcoming wedding for March 20 and dad's excitement on walking me down the aisle. He's not really into church nor religion but will do it for me that day. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
emotionallybroken9

Disgusted? You should be proud of them! 

Do you have ANY idea what it takes to reconcile after an affair?? The personal growth EACH OF THEM has to undergo? The DEDICATION to keep each other safe? To never again feel that pain? 

While also being so young AND with kids? 

No, young lady. You should be proud of them for staying a family. 

Do you know WHY you have such strong beliefs about love? BECAUSE YOU WATCHED YOUR PARENTS LOVE FLOURISH AFTER RECONCILING. The love that you’re so proud of? Ironically is the love your parents have displayed in front of you for 24 years :) 

• Like 4