Is she interested?

Is she interested?

So at work I recently got transferred to a different store. Normally I wouldn’t date a coworker, but I will probably be leaving the company soon. Anyways, to keep this short;

-She smiles at me any time we make eye contact
-Shortly after I approached her and made a joke (which she laughed at) I caught her looking my way (she quickly looked away when I noticed).

So today I tried talking to her in the breakroom and although she was friendly she didn’t really ask me anything about myself, and didn’t even really seem to notice me enter the room. I’m late 20s, she’s probably mid 20s if that matters.

Thanks,

Durden

I'm not sensing any romantic vibes here.  And even if she is interested, do you want the kind of partner who doesn't have the social skills to ask you questions?  

Give it a whirl if you must. It's important not to read TOO much into what may just be normal conversational behavior.

There are people who don't date co-workers, even if they're attracted to them, as there's potential for things to get awkward (or worse). There's a certain wisdom to this approach. Don't be shocked if she thinks you're nice but still isn't interested. And DO take no for an answer IF that's the answer.

If you're looking to meet people to date, consider Meet-Ups as (depending on the specific event) a % of people there are often singles looking to meet folks.

On 10/13/2022 at 6:40 PM, Durden93 said:

I tried talking to her in the breakroom and although she was friendly she didn’t really ask me anything about myself, and didn’t even really seem to notice me enter the room. 

Start slow, ask if she would like to get a drink/ bite after work . This way you can assess the situation better. Does she have a BF, for example?   If she doesn't respond to your invitation, you'll know for sure whether there's interest or not.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
  • Author

So there’s this girl I work with (indirectly) who:

-Always smiles and waves at me
-Holds eye contact until I break it (long eye contact)
A couple days ago she approached me to to have a conversation and and if I had gone on my break yet as she was heading on hers. 

Today I had planned on asking her out but it is difficult because she is always rushing for her bus (I know this is true). So I asked her when she has her break and although she answered, she was avoiding eye contact and didn’t seem as she normally is. I have also noticed that while she always tries to keep our conversations going, she doesn’t really ask me personal questions. Am I reading too much into things or is she just really friendly?

6 minutes ago, Durden93 said:

A couple days ago she approached me to to have a conversation and and if I had gone on my break yet as she was heading on hers. 

Pay less attention to "signs" and try to go on breaks together so you can get to know her and build some rapport.

She sounds a little shy, but that's ok.

Just bite the bullet and ask her out.

Either way, you'll know then if she's interested.

11 hours ago, Durden93 said:

Today I had planned on asking her out but it is difficult because she is always rushing for her bus

It's sort of a catch-22 situation. The best way to determine if she's interested is to eventually ask her out, but you don't want to ask her out unless she's interested and you're searching for "signs" of this.

Slow down. Try to see if you can go on breaks together and get to know her a bit. Running after someone and randomly saying "hey, want to go out?" Isn't the best approach.

• Author
6 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

It's sort of a catch-22 situation. The best way to determine if she's interested is to eventually ask her out, but you don't want to ask her out unless she's interested and you're searching for "signs" of this.

Slow down. Try to see if you can go on breaks together and get to know her a bit. Running after someone and randomly saying "hey, want to go out?" Isn't the best approach.

I should clarify; I work as a security guard whose post is located by the doors, so she always passes me by. I don’t walk her down or anything.

I think she sounds friendly. The work situation makes things complicated.

You’re posted there as a guard and your job is to keep an eye on things. Just make sure you stay on top of your duties instead of looking at her. If she’s not making herself available to talk to you on breaks or after work, she’s not interested.