Something odd happened, I'm curious what others might think.

I rarely ever remember my dreams.  This morning for some reason I recalled two from last night.  Both were pleasant fortunately. 

One of them was about a coworker who has continued working 100% remotely even though we're back to working in the office 3 days a week.  She has mobility issues thar have kept her away.  I dreamed last night that she came back to the office and I greeted her excitedly and we talked.  A few hours after I got into the office that's exactly what happened.

I had no information that she would be coming back at all, I can't imagine why I dreamed about her, or in fact why I remembered it after waking.

Any thoughts about that phenomena?  I felt really weird when I heard her voice this morning before actually seeing her.

30 minutes ago, FMW said:

I had no information that she would be coming back at all, I can't imagine why I dreamed about her, or in fact why I remembered it

This happens to me all the time @FWB, in.my dreams and when awake. 

No info, but a "sense."  I often speak about it - I "sense" this or that, it's in my subconscious lurking.  And often times my sense is correct. 

Even when I have very little actual info. 

I think most people think I'm probably whacked, lol, which I've accepted, perhaps I am in some ways.

Research lucid dreams.  They don't happen often but when they do, they  can feel very real, and can be unnerving!

In your case, it was simply your subconscious having a strong sense, probably based on the fact people are beginning to return to work and it manifested itself through a dream. 

Edited by poppyfields
  • Like 1
  • Author

She's not someone I ever think about really, and I really didn't expect her to come back any time soon, if ever.  It was strange that I dreamed about her in the first place, and then having it actually happen later that day was kind of creepy.  I think I prefer to just never remember my dreams!

mark clemson

Yes, I have these too at times. Although some might disagree, IMO it's an aspect of your "spirituality." It tends to be out of one's control and may "wax and wane" (as many natural phenomena do). Certainly not all dreams are predictive, but when they seem to be just pay heed and learn from it as best you can.

• Like 1

I have never thought of dreams as spiritual. My take is that it's my brain sort of clearing  clutter off my desk in a sort of random way. Sort of like rebooting the computer every day to get the bloatware out.

• Like 1
  • Author
21 minutes ago, Wiseman2 said:

my brain sort of clearing  clutter off my desk

I see dreams the same say.  That's why I don't get how this one came about.  She's a long-time coworker I like, but not really a friend i would randomly think about, there have been no recent conversations with or about her, and there had been no mention she was physically returning to work ever, certainly not that very day. No reason for me to have thoughts of her in my head.

I posted this under the section I did because I had no clue where else to put it.  It did strike me as something not of the conscious plane.  I guess I'll just write it off as one of those weird things.  

mark clemson
4 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

My take is that it's my brain sort of clearing  clutter off my desk in a sort of random way. Sort of like rebooting the computer every day to get the bloatware out.

I think something along those lines is USUALLY the case as well, Wm2.

• Like 1

My explanation: Maybe somebody at the office mentioned something to somebody else that you overheard (or your eyes briefly caught a glance of a document or an e-mail that mentioned her return), but not consciously, because you were focused on something else in that very moment, another conversation, or some important work process. Your brain picked up the info, and stored it somewhere, without you noticing, because you didn’t pay attention and you were distracted/doing something else that needed your full attention. And then the info was processed in your dream. I am pretty sure this has happened to me before. 

• Like 1

Dreams are often ambiguous and there are many details that remain vague as a consequence of this ambiguity, so perhaps when you were greeted by your coworker, you interpreted the ambiguous parts of your dreams as positive or desirable and filled in the gaps.

There is such a thing as precognitive dreams where no past events or experiences have contributed to the occurrence of the dream.

They are random and unexpected, but later prove to be true.

I have had a few of those experiences. In one dream of mine, a plane crashed, and the following day, a commercial plane crashed. It's entirely possible that it was simply a coincidence.

If we take into account the dreams of billions of people that occur every single day everywhere in the world, it is very likely that several of them will take place in some way that coincides with actual events.

There's also considerable scientific research that supports the idea that time is just an illusion (a construct), so perhaps it is possible for this to be controlled through the way things in the future may have a bearing on events that have already occurred in the past. Meaning you created your own future!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I have prophetic dreams every now and then. They have a different qualia to them. Like I can distinguish them from other dreams when I wake up. They always come true. It is kinda crazy honestly. So far, none have been in the "heavy" category though one involved a YUGE life event for me that I did not see coming. Unfortunately, none have involved lottery tickets. Lol.

Has been years since I've have one. Not sure I'm really very salty about that. I like not knowing. Does that make sense?

• Like 1