Staying with a man who had a baby with another woman when you did the same to a previous partner

redsky77

Should I continue to keep a man in my life who had a baby with another woman while we weren’t a couple and kept it from me knowing that I did the same thing to my husband?

2 hours ago, redsky77 said:

had a baby with another woman. I did the same thing to my husband?

What exactly do you mean by this? That you had an out of wedlock child and he did or you're both still having an affair and he has a child he never told you about?

8 hours ago, redsky77 said:

Should I continue to keep a man in my life who had a baby with another woman while we weren’t a couple and kept it from me knowing that I did the same thing to my husband?

Why would anyone keep a child hidden? I’m sorry you’re going through this conflict if it’s happening to you. In the end keeping secrets are omissions of truth and equivalent to lies. 

Baby or no baby, dishonestly is a pretty major red flag.  For most people, lying about something so serious would cause serious questions about that person's character.   Of course there are a lot of considerations; for example, how long have you been seeing this person?   Until things are pretty serious, their personal family lives are not necessarily your business.

How were you able to conceal your own child from your previous partner?  Did you not have custody? 

• Like 1