Traveling solo

lovesbooks

The holidays are approaching and I'm planning my next solo vacation.  I 've never traveled alone for Thanksgiving but I refuse to stay at home alone.   I''ve looked into Las Vegas as well as other places that are enjoyable regardless of the time of year.  Any suggestions?

22 minutes ago, lovesbooks said:

The holidays are approaching and I'm planning my next solo vacation.  I 've never traveled alone for Thanksgiving but I refuse to stay at home alone.   I''ve looked into Las Vegas as well as other places that are enjoyable regardless of the time of year.  Any suggestions?

Great plan. Do you like warm or cold climates? Do you want to fly or drive?  What's your budget? Many hotels have great thanksgiving dinners. What is your style? Rustic on a lake/mountain? Luxury on a beach resort?  Personally I'm not a fan of BNBs or cruises. But give me a beach on Bermuda or The big island Hawaii and it's heaven. 

Fun, that sounds great!

I just returned from a trip to Vegas with friends and family last month.

It was a blast.

The Thanksgiving weekend in Vegas will bring big crowds and I'm sure the cost of hotel rooms will skyrocket. 

For my next trip, I'm leaning towards Greece. It looks so beautiful. My best friend just returned from there. My sister and my cousin are there now. Plus, great coffee culture. 🙂

For you, what's more fun? Exploring a new place or vegging out and doing nothing? Do you dream of exploring a new city or spending time in nature?

I'd say choose a destination that can offer a little bit of everything to satisfy your wanderlust.

Bon voyage! 

• Like 1

Solo trips  are my favorite - not a fan of Vegas, but I also don’t gamble, so …

Where do you live and what do you want to see/do? If Vegas, add a few more days to do a little road trip maybe.

Edited by BrinnM